Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation confused now written permission?

hello all just had my network coordinator here to assess me everythink went very well but, whilst doing different things with 3 lo all age 3.we were discussing stranger danger child age apropriate (all parents were informed they think its great) this following on from a story topic we are doing she said i have to have written permission to discuss this why??? i have signed policys for safety saying what i do to keep lo safe and how (which is what i was doing surely) signatures for obs and activitys. i do constant rd safety and dont have signatures i risk assess. when i asked her how she would do it she just said its up to me so yes im confused would love to hear your opinions please.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: confused now written permission?

you have to have written permission to talk about 'stranger danger' ???

that sounds very odd to me!

espeically as you have informed parents, you have a safety policy, permission for activities & obs ....

what are you planning to do? go out and find a 'stranger' ? !!

goodness, what are you going to say to the children 'sorry, we can't talk about that, i don't have permission' ???

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well im glad you think like me i was getting worried il see what others think before i ring her when i had ofsted we chatted bout safety whilst doing puppet show she said what a great way to teach kids im so confused maybe i need to retire lol

sept 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

they will be asking for permission to talk about road safety next. how much more paperwork do they want us to do

Sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see why you would need permission unless u r planning on taking them to a shopping centre and leaving them on their own, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I think you should ring her and ask her WHY??????????

Makes no sense to me at all!

Miffy xx

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FizzysFriends View Post
    I can't see why you would need permission unless u r planning on taking them to a shopping centre and leaving them on their own, lol
    well that made me laugh thanks for cheering me up

TheBTeam Guest

That is rediculous in my opinion, they can not seriously expect this, we will have to have permission to speak full stop soon!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Oh I think you should ring her and ask her WHY??????????

Makes no sense to me at all!

Miffy xx
    I echo Miffy's advice

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to have to have a permission form that they have to sign to say that they can give permission soon

Latest Inspection Grade
    Irrelevant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sandy64 View Post
    hello all just had my network coordinator here to assess me everythink went very well but, whilst doing different things with 3 lo all age 3.we were discussing stranger danger child age apropriate (all parents were informed they think its great) this following on from a story topic we are doing she said i have to have written permission to discuss this why??? i have signed policys for safety saying what i do to keep lo safe and how (which is what i was doing surely) signatures for obs and activitys. i do constant rd safety and dont have signatures i risk assess. when i asked her how she would do it she just said its up to me so yes im confused would love to hear your opinions please.
    Hi, what a load of rubish! Schools, nurseries dont. Next time you see her ask her where it says that in the EYFS . I think they just say anything, if they cant think of anything to pick you up on, in my experience anyway!
    Tammy

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hello all thanks for replys rang spoke to her and she hesitated then said read eyfs its a legal requirement ok (she is new) any way asked to speak to someone higher but she said there wasnt anyone so rang ofsted and a lovely lady said she was unsure what i meant so explained what had happened giving no names that as a responsible childminder i wanted to work in partnership with all agents so needed to make sure paper work was spot on she has clarifyed that if policys etc are done and parents are informed i am and required by law to teach children safety so do not need anythink else in writing. best bit rang coordinater back and told her and she said ok. dont think she likes me now, but all i want is to do my job properly.with correct advise thanks guys

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hello all thanks for replys rang spoke to her and she hesitated then said read eyfs its a legal requirement ok (she is new) any way asked to speak to someone higher but she said there wasnt anyone so rang ofsted and a lovely lady said she was unsure what i meant so explained what had happened giving no names that as a responsible childminder i wanted to work in partnership with all agents so needed to make sure paper work was spot on she has clarifyed that if policys etc are done and parents are informed i am and required by law to teach children safety so do not need anythink else in writing. best bit rang coordinater back and told her and she said ok. dont think she likes me now, but all i want is to do my job properly.with correct advise thanks guys
    Good for you! If your DO is asking you to do something then she should have her facts right. You questioned what she told you and rightly so.

Cx

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got it sorted

Miffy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Go you I'm glad you didn't just blindly follow such a silly request. Well done for sorting it out.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

well done!

x

Jul 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well done for speaking up and getting the issue sorted.
    Love Amanda

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou for your support