This morning on my school run i had my two dds one of which is sick so isnt going to school, a 9 mth asleep in pushchair and a 4 year old boy.

The 4 year old was playing with his friends when all of a sudden i heard him crying and then saw him, his face covered in blood! I rushed him into his classroom yelling at my dd 7 to push the baby in for me.

The teacher must have seen him coming as she had the relevant first aid equipment out. We sat him down and mopped off the blood to see where it was coming from which was his nose but the blood was everywhere, his coat, trousers, hands, face, the floor, shoes!!!

The teacher had on plastic gloves and held the tissues to his nose to stop the bleeding, i sat with him to calm him down and then started cleaning him up with some wet hand towels.

Once blood had stopped the teacher asked me to sit with him for a while to check he was ok before sending him into class. He looked quite pale so we sat and read a couple of stories until he looked a bit better and then he wanted to go in.

My questions are:
did i do the right thing just cleaning the blood up off him, should i have had gloves on me to do this?

normally i have to get back to my house for 9.05 to meet other parents but luckily today i havnt got anyone else so it didnt matter, but what shoudl i have done if i had??

Should i inform parent? (shes a teacher at his school but is out on training today) do i do an accident form or shoudl the school do one?

how would you have handled this situation?

Its made me think if i shoudl have more stuff on me all the time, such as first aid etc.

Look forward to hearing your views