Feeling a bit anxious
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling a bit anxious

Started minding this week Monday was fine as I already kewn LO, but had diffrent LO yesterday and today. Had a good day LO went to sleep in cot but I let her cry for a liitle while going back to check on her every 2 mins, is that ok? It took 15mins for her to go off to sleep.

She seemed pleased to see me at 8.00 this morning but I just feel anxious and I cant put my finger on the reason why.

Did anyone else feel like this to start?

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Feeling a bit anxious

I think its perfectly normal to feel a bit anxious to start with. I am sure we have all felt like that with new children. I know I did with my most recent starters and I still feel a bit panicky before they come ( The lo does cry ALOT though!!!).

Its new to you and the child and the parent. You will get more into the swing of things I know and then you can relax a bit.

jo xx
    Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Non childminder member
    Ex Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh I felt sooooooo tense and exhausted at the end of my first day.
    I was terrified that my mindee was going to be bored and hate it here and felt on tenderhooks as though I had to keep her entertained
    Thankfully that's now worn off as I don't think I'd be able to cope otherwise

may 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am new to childminding too. I have 4 mindees. With 3 of them I'm ok, with one of them I get a little anxious as she is harder to look after then the others. A few times I have laid awake worrying however the day is NEVER as bad as I have imagined. But it is getting easier with this little one. I'm sure your anxious feelings will pass too. Good Luck x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I felt like this when i started minding, you always wonder if you are doing things right, looking after them the way their parents want you too, etc.
    The feeling does go away and you will become more confident.
    I have been only minding 18 months now, but I feel really settled.

I become unsettled when i have new children start though, then I start feeling anxious again. I think it's because the children are new, we don't know them and the parents very well.

Leaving the little one to cry for a little while before she/he naps is fine, mine have all cried for a little while before drifting off.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My mindee has come out of his shell this week. I've been minding him for 6 weeks and to be fair he did have a nasty cold for almost 2 weeks. Now this week he is smilling and gigling with me all day long and not just staring at me wondering who this mad woman is
    I think going to playgroups helped him to bond with me as he found them a bit overwhelming at first and now he knows that I'm a safe refuge when it all gets too much.
    But at the begining I did feel a bit anxious as he always cried when his parents left (even if for only 1 minute). It does get better with time.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much, I feel a little better after reading your replies. You are such a lovely bunch

Jelly