Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: walls

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default walls

ok i work from my front room, so far i have nothing on the walls, kids stuff in the hallway so can be seen

I need some ideas for my front room walls, do you put stuff up ( mindee stuff i mean?)

was thinking maybe proper alpabet pictures not posters, and a proper map, or getting kids to do pictures on canvas???

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: walls

NOOOOO i will not have posters on my walls, i refuse, you can't make me, Ofsted can't make me, lol!!!

I have a few bits of art/craft work on my mantel piece and window sills that my sons have done.

xx

TheBTeam Guest

I wouldn't want to put childminding stuff up in my living room, i have display pockets on my door which is in the hallway and is there to be seen from the front door, in which i put photos and art work, or artwork photos, and i have a notice board on the wall opposite the front door, which has info on it.

My living room doesn't have anything apart from the toys under the stairs and my files which are beside my computer cabinet out of the way!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tatjana View Post
    NOOOOO i will not have posters on my walls, i refuse, you can't make me, Ofsted can't make me, lol!!!

I have a few bits of art/craft work on my mantel piece and window sills that my sons have done.

xx

i want things that look nice, but eductional etc, we've not long moved it and its still quite bare

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The map you mention sounds like a great idea

I have 2 small canvas' which my boys have done, they take pride of place on the mantel

xx

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

i use my hallway to display stuff ........... the lounge is kept as homely as possible it has to be multinfunciontal and not look like a nursery.

BUT you do what you think is best.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any childminding stuff in my living room except for toys that are put back in my dd's bedroom every evening. I don't want my house looking like a nursery so don't put things on the walls.

I have a welcome poster in the hall (+ofsted certificate), wash hands poster in the bathroom & afew posters, nursery rhymes, alphabet posters in dd's bedroom which would be there anyway even if I wasn't cm.

I don't have any mindee artwork up but I do like th idea of the plastic pockets to go on the door that I can do double sided & turn round once my mindees gone home.