Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: sooo mad!!

Registered Childminder since
    October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sooo mad!!

argh!! Im so mad !!! I am still not very well but went into town because I had arranged to meet a parent so that she could pay me the outstanding fees she owes me.

we were due to meet at 10.30, i went to my parents who live near town to wait til we were due to meet so i could wait somewhere warm if she was late. I rang her at 10.45 as she hadnt been in touch and she said she was in durham?! she said she had gone shopping and only just got there so she would be all day, would I be in town later on? I was fuming when she said this. I said no I wouldnt be in town and would have to let her know when I would be home so she could drop off the money. I didnt really know what to say so I needed to get off the phone to think straight!! I was expecting £300 from her and could of really done with getting it this morning so I could get all my bits n bobs and now if she does give it to me later on tonight I will now have to go back into town tomorrow, which is a pain!

I didnt want her to come to the house because she will be bringing the children and last time she came to bring me some money stayed for 2 hours with the children and I feel that when I am not working I shouldnt have to have her and the children over for that long as she expects me to feed the children and look after them as if I was working!! She has now text to say she will be coming later tonight. She doesnt have a very lot of money but yet she has gone shopping in durham and I am concerned she wont pay me what she owes me, although I have warned her that she will get late charges if she doesnt pay.

I am just really annoyed to be honest as she obviously knew she was going to durham and couldnt meet me yet when I rung her last night to check what time we would be meetin she didnt say anything, neither did she contact me today and I went into town especially to meet her and Im not feeling very well either.

thanks for letting me rant!! x x
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sooo mad!!

I would be fumming to be honest

Hope you are charging her late fees

Sorry but I would not go and meet her - why should you have to chase her and put yourself out for YOUR money?

I would let her come to the house and yes you are right you have finished and it will be out of hours
    So do not invite her in
    If you do not like to do that - just say you have family visitors and you are closed for the day so I am sorry I cannot invite you in

She is a cheeky so and so and she is very lucky that you have not lost your temper with her

I hope you get it sorted and I do hope you get paid

Angel xx

Hope you feel better soon

Post Thanks / Like

What a joke!! I feel your pain, I really do.

Sx

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

oH Cheeky, what a cow!!! some people just have no consideration do they??
    Explain to her firmly but politely that on your day off you have better things to do than hang around for someone who is not coming. One of my mums is lovley but very unreliable and often forgets to let me know that the kids are't coming till 10mins after they should be here. I reminded her that I do have a full and busy life and that if I was running around like a headless chuck then I would have less energy to look after her kid when she did need me..

As for the money, make sure you give her clear deadlines/ late payments details or whatever you want and make sure you are again firm but assertive. As others have said in other posts, remind her that you too have bills to pay and you need to count on the money being there when it should be not when she feels like it.

hope you feel better soon xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Like Angel says - she should come to the house, pay you and leave... no invites in... it's your money, you've earned it.

If this woman sent her child to a nursery, does she think the manager would go and meet her in town when it's billing time? Too much to ask of you

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

well she pays me weekly as this is when she gets tax credits and the government pay the whole amount, so its not like anything is even coming out of her pocket!! I have been slack with her deadline in Jan as she was a new parent and was still sorting out the tax credit and said that she wouldnt get it til 3 weeks, do they do this?!! so I let it go for 3 weeks until she said she started receiving the benefit, I have now informed her that she has until friday to pay the outstanding balance or I will add late charges. she hasnt been too bad with paying so far, just claiming for more than I am chargin her etc etc.

It just annoys me that she doesnt pay me what she owes but its ok for her to go on mega spending sprees and spend £100 on clothes at a time and all sorts of stuff she doesnt really need, she often brags about what she has been buying and always leaves bank statements and receipts in the carrier bags she gives me that have babies milk in. I feel like my nose is being rubbed into it!

grrr
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

I had a new parent not long ago and the tax credits were slow and it did take 3 weeks to sort her money out

She still had to pay me though - she did hint a few times - but sorry to sound harsh but it is not my problem
    She paid me and just kept the tax credits when it came through

I would tell her that if she does not you then will have to suspend the minding until she does pay

No fees - no childminding

Fair is fair it is your business

Angel xx

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How dare she! If she owes you money you should be her first priority! Ohhh it makes me soooooo mad how a lot of childminders get used, it seems to be happening to everyone on here.

I hope you get your money later.
    If you are worried about her coming in, make up an excuse, like, I am getting tea ready, or something and don't let her over the door step.

Don't let her mess you around again.

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah hubby is working late he thinks tonight too so I will have less of an excuse and she will probably want to stay !! but I am gunna try the im going out or making tea line and see what happens argh!! x x x
    Love GG x x

Pipsqueak Guest

Ask a friend to phone you approx 10 minutes after her arriving (fingers crossed she does), even if they put the phone down on you, you can pretend you are needed and have to go out??? Or get a neighbour to come round on the pretence they need you or remind you about having to go out......

Don't be worried about not inviting them in - your time your house.

How blinkin cheeky though expecting you to traipse round after your money and then to stand you up.

Please be strong Cheeky and tell this parent that today has been unacceptable and that it affects you and your family when you don't get paid. Tell her that although you try to be accomodating and understanding you are running a business and in future you will have to charge her late payment fees and wasted time fees (and make sure you do it) and that you may have to seek legal advice (through the NCMA) if this situation continues and that is something you would really rather not do.

Hope all goes well later xxxx

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

lady was supposed to be coming at 5ish and I rung her at 5.10 to see where she was, phone was off. I rang back at about 5.20 and it rung and rung til answer machine, so i rung back straight away and after 2 rings it went onto anserphone, so I dont know what to do now?!! She doesnt have a home phone, but her partner finishes work at 6 i think so should i ring him?? I didnt want to leave a message because I didnt know what to say to her?!

really annoying tho, cos she often rings me 30million times (ok maybe not that much!) when I am due to have the children. she will ring 10mins early to check im home (which I always am) and she doesnt stop ringing until I answer, so it bugs me that she isnt answering her own phone!

I can see me not getting paid today somehow?! argh!
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

charge her late fee's and see if that makes her pay quicker.

I would ring again and when it goes to answer machine leave a message and say 'since you have not arrived with my money i will be adding on late fee's at £xx amount per day until you have paid. I also will be withholding care until the fees are up to date'

will be funny to see how quickly she gets round with your money then.

Obviously this is only if you have a late fees policy etc

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

well I do, its a bit complicated. I originally agreed to charge X amount and for her to pay monthly, this was written in the contract and the late fee was £5 per day.

but we have now agreed to her paying me more and weekly, cos its easier for her. I havnt changed the contract cos she has just gone on hols with the children, so havnt got chance to. so im unsure what I can charge her really?! she is supposed to pay me on wednesdays but obviously she is still shopping, or on her way back ?! im gunna give her a call now x x
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

as far as i'm aware you can charge whatever is in the contract.

So if she's meant to pay you today and she doesnt then you can add £5 a day on from now and everyday until she pays. Also withhold care until then too. You need to be firm otherwise she will think she can keep getting away with it

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

ooo ! some people just make my blood boil. I have managed to get in contact with the father who has just finished work. He said he wasnt sure why her phone was off or she wasnt answering. he also didnt realise how much she owed me as she always pays and he doesnt have anything to do with it. He has said she def got money today and he is a bit cross with her for not paying and messing me about. He says he will talk to her when he gets home if she is there, but otherwise he will bring the money tomorrow morning himself if she is unable to come today. I rang mother again and left a message saying can you give me a ring back because its getting late and I can wait in all night expecting her to call anytime, I was sooo fuming!! I just couldnt believe that she could have the cheek to do all of this today.

Father said he would do his best to get the money that she owed from Jan sorted before deadline but if not he understood my charging late fee as it is fair enough. I thought that was pretty decent of him, but it just makes me so mad cos I have a funny feeling she has spent it all today and I wont get my money. xx
    Love GG x x

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprogs View Post
    as far as i'm aware you can charge whatever is in the contract.

So if she's meant to pay you today and she doesnt then you can add £5 a day on from now and everyday until she pays. Also withhold care until then too. You need to be firm otherwise she will think she can keep getting away with it
    the date of payment is the first of every month as stated in contract, also I am not having them this week as they are on hols (half term) and so I wont see them til next mon anyway, hopefully it will be all payed off by then x
    Love GG x x

registered 2003
    Post Thanks / Like

God, some people are unbelievable aren't they

You don't deserve this.

Leave a message on the answerphone explaining the situation, its less embarassing - " Pay up tonight as promised or late fees then no minding at all "
    Plan what your going to say first so you don't chicken out !!

Good luck x

Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

At least the dad was more understanding so hopefully you will have your money soon.

I just dont understand people like this. Me and hubby are very short of money atthe moment but we always ALWAYS make sure all the bills have gone out first before we spend what little we have left so why cant other people pay their bills before going off shopping etc some people

Pipsqueak Guest

Totally agree with Littlesprogs.

Ring her back and say that she has reneged on what she has said twice and you will be instigating late charges of £ xx per day and withholding care (at normal rates) until fees are bought up to date. I would also add in that you are taking legal advice tomorrow morning and you will be sending her a letter tomorrow stating her breach of contract and refusal to pay (as this is what she appears to be doing).

Record, record, record (in writing) everything and keep it on file. Dates, times, (on when she was supposed to come, when you;ve rung her/chased her for payment) what she has said etc etc.....

Bet that will make her sit up and take notice.

BUT make sure you actually do it.

registered 2003
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope the father has more of a conscience than the mother

Sandy

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast