son77 Guest

Default Re: sooo mad!!

Name & shame thread!! I like that idea.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes and we could do it with Ofsted inspectors as well, so we would know if we had an angel comming round, or the B*** from hell. We would also be able to tell what their little quirks were

july 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    Yes and we could do it with Ofsted inspectors as well, so we would know if we had an angel comming round, or the B*** from hell. We would also be able to tell what their little quirks were
    My CSSIW inspector never changes so always know it gonna be a fire breathing welsh symbol! lol

Angela xx

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

The mother has replied with Im sorry but you know I dont have that kind of money.

so I replied with Im sorry but thats not my problem, you have signed a legally binding contract, and as you have been claiming more benefit than you have been paying me you should have a bit of extra money.

I decided to leave it at that. after all she will be getting a letter in the morning explaining it in detail. NCMA did say I had to try to recover the debt myself but I am unsure how to do this. I have given her the 14 days as ncma suggested and will send her another letter next week as a reminder. but I feel very annoyed that she has bought a new phone today and has been shopping today and yesterday ( i know it is her money) so I am not going to give in to her sob story.

I am looking forward to brighter days with lovely children!! I am focusing on next friday when i have parents round for some part time hours, so I will be out on the impressive!!!
    Love GG x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What sort of job does this mum do? Many years ago i did have a mother who did not give me notice and this was during school holidays when she was paying a retainer. She used to be a childminder herself but gave up to go back to work in a local bank. Every time i phoned up there was some excuse, so i left a message with her husband that as i was in town the next day i would be calling into the bank to collect my late cheque. I new she could not afford for me to make a fuss for non payment at her work

And low and behold a cheque came through my door that night

son77 Guest

If she hasnt that kind of money though how can you go out shopping & buying new phones?

Isn't she worried about being done for fraud? Claiming more tax credits than she should of been should be worrying her. She needs reporting surely?

If you cant afford something (like childcare) then she shouldn't have started it in the first place.

Argh- parents!

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah she has already been reported so thats sorted.

reported....sorted (im a poet and i didnt even know it!)

xxx
    Love GG x x

Pipsqueak Guest

Cheeky to pursue it yourself you go to the small claims court - just phone up the local court office and tell them you want the forms to make a small claim.

Do you know what NCMA really peep me of about this - yeah yeah we are here to help you and they end of advising you to do it yourself!!!

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

oh pants really?! I thought they did it all for you!! argh! maaaan x x x
    Love GG x x

Pipsqueak Guest

I am not entirely sure how the NCMA do it (I have never had that particular pleasure) but you said in your other post that they suggested you could do it for yourself???NCMA did say I had to try to recover the debt myself but I am unsure how to do this

Sorry if I have confuzzled you.. ARRRGGH, its late I have just read it again and I see what it says now, my brain is reading something different. Ignore me!!

Making a small claim is very easy to do (used to do tons of these where I used to work), phone up get the forms, fill them in send them of and wait for the outcome - they either pay up or dispute it and in that case it goes to court.

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

oh!! hehe, sorry I meant that I am somehow to get the debt of the lady! but I dont think that is going to happen!!

never mind chicken licken, its late!! go to beddie peepos babe!! x x
    Love GG x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG Cheeky Chops I have just read the whole of your thread and cannot believe the ordacity of this woman ..... she obviously had no intentions of ever paying you from the sounds of things and by encouraging you to take her to court implies she thinks she doesnt have to either, I hope you are seeking legal advice and record everything she says to you as evidence and save her texts, god help her new minder !!!! Really feel for you but thank heavens not all parents are like her xxxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Pipsqueak Guest

Did you get the letter sent today Cheeky?

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

I sent the letter yesterday recorded delivery so she received it this morning. I got a phone call from her mother last night tho which was a bit of a handful. she didnt think I was being fair, but I calmly explained everything to her and said she had signed the contract and those where the terms of it.

her mum said she never even signed anything, to which I said well I have 2 copies of what she signed and she has the third copy. so no getting out of that one then!!it sounds like she has been saying a lot of things to her mother which are not true.

her mum told me that her new childminder's are a male and female couple and are ok to pick her 2 children up and drop them off to the house and are only charging her £100 a week for the two and are going to have them fulltime instead of me only having them part time (mum n dad only work part time tho!) they are also registered with ofsted and she is sorting their number out so she can still claim benefit.

me n the ladies mum are friends so it was a little bit awkward, but I just said well these new childminders sound like a dream come true for your daughter! her mum just agreed it sounded too good to be true, then she said that the childminders had also turned out to be a distant relative of the dad......hhhm!!

I have rung I.R. about them no longer being able to use my number, but I am still concerned that she may have just told her mum they were reg and gave them my number !! argh.
    Love GG x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt have been prepared to discuss it with her mother to be honest as the contract wasnt with her iyswim but I hope that you get your money sooner rather than later, though dad was been reasonable what happened to him bringing you your money ????? xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I wouldnt have been prepared to discuss it with her mother to be honest as the contract wasnt with her iyswim but I hope that you get your money sooner rather than later, though dad was been reasonable what happened to him bringing you your money ????? xxx
    I never heard of the dad, just the mum and her mum turned up with the money. I had been trying to ring the lady all day and she refused to get in contact with me. The ladies mother rang me and said she had a very upsetting phone call from her daughter and could I please tell her what was going on as her daughter was making sense. I just tried to be calm and tell her the basics. I understand completely what you mean, but I suppose there is nothing I can do about it now.... x x
    Love GG x x

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I know I havnt posted on here for a bit, but I have just received a text from the mother saying she is willing to pay me £30 a week.

I am unsure what to do??! Does this mean she is willing to pay the amount she owes me £160 plus late charges up to now or off the total amount which is including the 4 weeks notice money too.

what do you think i should do?! agree to take the £30 a week for the £160 and stop charges now or carry on with charges or what?!

the total amount she owes me is close to £500 which is going to take ages for her to pay?! do you think if I dont accept this ncma will be cross or what?/

I am really confused, so anyone who can bring me clarity on what to do would be a great help!! x x x
    Love GG x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say she is liable for the whole lot as she still needs to pay the notice period. Call NCMA again and ask for advice! Hope you are writing all these 'contacts' down!
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I havnt replied as I dont know what to do really. I know she is still liable for the whole amount, but if she is willing to pay off £30 a week a time that means it is going to take about 7 mnths or something!! hehe and thats a long time but Im not sure if ncma will want me to do that or what?? I will ring them in the morning for some advice, they are gunna love me! x
    Love GG x x

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would tell her that as the full amount is £500 @ £30 a week it will take X amount of weeks to pay that off and you feel that maybe £50 a week is better as you will be paid in 10 weeks. If this is not acceptable to her then you are going to leave it in legal hands. You will need to get her to agree to sign a contract regarding payment ie what day, time, she brings it to u=you or standing order in case she starts faltering on a payment plan. I cant imagine she is going to pay you the full lot in one go by the sound of it. Also say late payment of instalments will incur further late fees. Seems a pain in the but at least she is startig to realise you have the law on your side.
    I am probably not much help sorry.

Annie x

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast