Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: sooo mad!!

Pipsqueak Guest

Default Re: sooo mad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Chops View Post
    thanks for all your support, I have now calmed down a bit (well stop being emotional!) and breathed.

I have rung NCMA and they said to inform her that she will be still charged for the late fees I am intending to charge her if she doesn't pay what she owes me by end of tomorrow.

then they said to outline that she will be charged for 4 weeks of childcare as this is the notice period written into the contract.

if she hasnt paid within 14days then I am to contact legal department.

so I am going to try write THE LETTER, will see how it goes! xx
    oops I posted too late on the other bit

Well done you for taking that first horrible step.

You can always "test" your letter out on us.

Make sure you outline in it that you have taken Legal Advice

Registered Childminder since
    October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Vicky, will do! I am gunna try test it on you as well if you dont mind x
    Love GG x x

Pipsqueak Guest

Thanks Vicky, will do! I am gunna try test it on you as well if you dont mind x
    Just don't scare me too much - I am fragile

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like good advice from the NCMA

Good luck writing the letter - just state the facts

Miffy xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you let her know that you are a member of the NCMA and if she doesnt pay their legal team will be taking it up.

This is why you must never be paid in arrears, its bad enough being bumped for 4 weeks notice but it really sticks in your throat when you do not get paid for work done

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    Make sure you let her know that you are a member of the NCMA and if she doesnt pay their legal team will be taking it up.

This is why you must never be paid in arrears, its bad enough being bumped for 4 weeks notice but it really sticks in your throat when you do not get paid for work done
    yeah it is bad, but I will be charging her for the 4 weeks notice she has not given me. and I have also informed inland revenue that the contract has ended. I am going to find out though if there is a way of knowing who is claiming in your name and with your reg no.

anyone know if this is right? or which number if any it is?? xx
    Love GG x x

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

hi,I have onle just found this thread.

People like that make me sick!How dare she!
    Poor you!Well done for standing up to her though!
    Good luck

Jana xxxxxxx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

hope you manage to get the money from her hun

But on the plus you've got rid of an awful parent sorry you still have to work else were with her, she sounds like a right

july 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG!!! What an absolute b***h!
    Who the hell does she think she is!! You go girl hit her with everything NCMA can throw at her!
    Good luck, my thoughts are with you!
    Take Care and keep strong, you have the moral high ground, as everyone has said you are TOTALLY in the right!

Angela xx

Post Thanks / Like

yeah it is bad, but I will be charging her for the 4 weeks notice she has not given me. and I have also informed inland revenue that the contract has ended. I am going to find out though if there is a way of knowing who is claiming in your name and with your reg no.

anyone know if this is right? or which number if any it is?? xx

I don't know if they will give you that information

The only phone number I have is the working and child tax credit helpline 0845 300 3900 or you could look on the website www.hmrc.gov.uk

Miffy xx

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I have rung that one so I am not sure if they will.

anyway

I sent her a message telling her that she was going to get a letter tomorrow and she will have to pay be for 4 weeks notice and the other money she owes. she replied with I cant afford that but i will pay back what I can afford and if you wont accept that then you will have to take me to court. It didnt have to come down to this

I replied saying well you already owe me the £160 so you will have to pay that and any late charges for that money and you have 14 days to pay the outstanding balance. I told her it wasnt a case of it "coming down to this" she signed the contract and this was in the contract, she has to give me 4 weeks notice and she hasnt so I can charge her for it. so if she doesnt pay within 14 days I will be taking her to court anyway.

she has yet to reply.
    Love GG x x

Pipsqueak Guest

yeah I have rung that one so I am not sure if they will.

anyway

I sent her a message telling her that she was going to get a letter tomorrow and she will have to pay be for 4 weeks notice and the other money she owes. she replied with I cant afford that but i will pay back what I can afford and if you wont accept that then you will have to take me to court. It didnt have to come down to this

I replied saying well you already owe me the £160 so you will have to pay that and any late charges for that money and you have 14 days to pay the outstanding balance. I told her it wasnt a case of it "coming down to this" she signed the contract and this was in the contract, she has to give me 4 weeks notice and she hasnt so I can charge her for it. so if she doesnt pay within 14 days I will be taking her to court anyway.

she has yet to reply.
    I would leave it at that now Cheeky, you have told her of your intentions and given her fair warning.

Unless you feel you can hold your own (and stay calm, dignified and professional) and give her a call.

You could perhaps explain that you regret the situation has come to this but you would like payment for services she has had and you have been more than patient and understanding. Again I would reiterate that she knowingly signed a legally binding document - the contract and she is currently in breach of it. I would point out that she will incur further costs such as court costs if it goes to court. Again tell her you have taken legal advice from the National Childminding Association (give her the full whack title) and have their full legal backing.

Perhaps you could be "magnanimous" (and it looks good on your part)and "offer" a payment scheme - £160 by tomorrow (xxx time) and then a weekly payment for the next four weeks for the remainder BUT you would need this in writing and both signed for - (this would have to be done tomorrow) . the agreement would state that if payment is missed immediate late charges will be incurred and you will initate legal proceedings to recover all costs.

If she crys a sob story - then ask her bluntly if she is refusing to pay, make sure you note all this down (tell her you are taking notes and all this will be used as evidence against her to pursue the monies owed to you)

What ever you do - don't get into a fight or argument - end the call first.

Post Thanks / Like

She is just being brave coming out with " take me to court then " she hopes that you will back down I bet

Good for you

Let us know if she does pay you anything tomorrow

Angel xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Viks idea is good and it might prevent any bad feeling !

xx

Post Thanks / Like

maybe she should stop going shopping almost everyday then she would be able to afford it! She could take her new mobile phone back for a start!

july 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    She is just being brave coming out with " take me to court then " she hopes that you will back down I bet

Good for you

Let us know if she does pay you anything tomorrow

Angel xxx
    Totally agree Angel! Sounds like a lot of bravado (?).

Angela xx

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes agree with Vik.

Some people are unbelievable!! They wouldn't like it if they didn't paid by their employer on time!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Only just cought up with this! Stand your ground babe! Keep a record of everything , add on daily late fees continuously and let the NCMA take over , thats what you pay for. Do you know the new childminder, does she know what she is letting herself in for?
    Be strong....and take her to the cleaners....after all a contract is a contract!
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect that legally we cant, but i wish we could have a name and shame thread. We would put in the names of all people who treat us like this, then when a parent gets in touch for a space we could check to see if they have a track record.

july 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    I suspect that legally we cant, but i wish we could have a name and shame thread. We would put in the names of all people who treat us like this, then when a parent gets in touch for a space we could check to see if they have a track record.
    How great would that be!! Brilliant . Like you said though legally doubtful!
    Fab idea though!

Angela xx

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast