Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: sooo mad!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sooo mad!!

Totally agree with Vik cheeky.

Time to get tough how dare she beahve like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lou xx

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck

Be strong

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vik3000 View Post
    No, I reckon enough is enough Cheeky - you have been more than patient.

First of all record whats been said and done and paid.

Ring Dad and inform him of the situation (including you having to go out to the car - how ****** cheeky) and tell him you are taking legal advice and you are now withholding care unless the money is paid in full today and late fees will be added each day. Can I do this as we only agreed verbally about raising fees and the only thing in contract is £80. can I add late fees if she has paid me some today and I have already stated that late fees will be coming anyway after friday?? I would also add in that mum should not have bought a new phone as she should have paid your overdue fees with the money instead.

Write a (strong worded) letter addressed to both parents and send recorded delivery as well stating that they are in breach of contract.

I think this situation is disgusting and the mother is playing you big time, for your sake do not allow it to go on any longer.

Tax credits will not pay it to you I'm afraid - it goes to the parents.
    I have tried asking for a direct debit but she wont do it and puts it off and changes subject
    Please pick up the phone right now and get legal advice from the NCMA team, then ring Dad and Mum (him first) and then write your letter.

Be strong Cheeky - this is YOUR money and YOU deserve it

I am so angry on your behalf
    I am very cross but mostly upset about this whole thing. she is only young too and feel like Im being taken for a mug by a yung un. I will ring NCMA line, is it just the free legal advice one? x
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Cheeky I am sorry this woman has upset you - she has behaved appallingly and if it was me I'd give notice and think I was well rid.

If I understand this correctly you agreed to mind her children for £80 a week but she claimed £150 a week from tax credits.

When you found out you put up your prices to match what she was receiving in tax credits but you do not have this in writing.

I think Vik has a good point and you should seek legal advice. The parents claim in tax credits was fraudulent because you were only charging her £80 not £150 a week but I am not sure where that leaves you when you decided to put up your fees (and I understand why you did it but I'm looking at legally) to match what she was receiving iyswim - did you double other parents fees at the same time?

Also you do not have anything in writing to cover these changes in your arrangements.

I hope you can get it sorted without any more hassle

Miffy xx

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Oh Cheeky I am sorry this woman has upset you - she has behaved appallingly and if it was me I'd give notice and think I was well rid.

If I understand this correctly you agreed to mind her children for £80 a week but she claimed £150 a week from tax credits.

When you found out you put up your prices to match what she was receiving in tax credits but you do not have this in writing.

I think Vik has a good point and you should seek legal advice. The parents claim in tax credits was fraudulent because you were only charging her £80 not £150 a week but I am not sure where that leaves you when you decided to put up your fees (and I understand why you did it but I'm looking at legally) to match what she was receiving iyswim - did you double other parents fees at the same time?

Also you do not have anything in writing to cover these changes in your arrangements.

I hope you can get it sorted without any more hassle

Miffy xx
    yes miffy you are right, I am unsure too. x
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

Give the NCMA a ring and let us know what they say

I'm really sorry you're so upset by this but just remember it is the parent that is causing the problem not you!

Thinking of you

Miffy xx

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What a nightmare, Im sorry this is still not sorted out.

How much do you charge her per hour? Were you doing her a favour by only charging her £80 a week?

I dont know what you can do about the extra money she owes you if it wasnt written down anywhere.

Is this the only child you care fir currently?

I think if it were me, I would ring tax credits again and explain the situation.

I would then make the decision of if I wanted to carry on with this family or not.

If I did then I would start again with them with a brand new contract and a weekly standing order in place in ADVANCE for their fees. I would also make sure both Mum and Dad sign the contract so they are both accountable. And obviously increase the fees to the new amount you have agreed.

If you chose not to carry on then I would give notice and inform the tax office that as of xx date, you will no longer be caring for their child.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why she was claming so much tax credit when your contract fees were not the same ?

Maybe you should tell her due to the problems surrounding this you are reviewing the contracts and starting afresh and feel that under the circumstances that a new one is needed to avoid any further confusion with just word of mouth conversations

If she then does not like your new terms and conditions then tell her she will have to look elsewhere

She is claiming this extra money when she should not be and that is fraud - maybe you should remind her of that !

Good luck

Angel xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you use the NCMA contract they will take the case up for you. You need to get in touch with them today. Good luck

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just had a text message from the mother stating

Hi Im not being funny or owt like that but Im gonna go with a different chilminder as from monday, their gonna pick them up and drop them off its gonna be easier and their gonna interact with different kids and I appreciate if u dont discuss this with anyone at work cause its got nowt 2 do with anyone at work and the money I owe you we will come to an arrangement x.

I rung her straight back which she put onto answerphone, I left her a message saying If you want to use a different Cm its completely up to you but I will be charging you for 4 weeks as stated in the contract because you need to give 4 weeks notice. I would appreciate it if you answered your phone because obviously its not good having contact through text messages. So I will be ringing back.

I am just gobsmacked! I need to ring Inland revenue to give them the final date of contract and when benefit should end. I am only going to be able to charge her now for the £80 a week and not the £150 cos otherwise I cant say anything. great.
    Love GG x x

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh poor you, thats awful!

Who at her work would you discuss it with, do you know the people she works with? That seemed a strange thing to say.

I would definately get in touch with the NCMA.

She can not just walk away, she has to pay you the 4 weeks notice or let you work the 4 weeks out.

All this chopping and changing is no good for the kids.

I know it is really hard but stay strong. You are not in the wrong, she is and you have done nothing wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Cheeky but I think you're well out of this one and I pity the other childminder

If you are a member of NCMA and used one of their contracts they should help you recover the debt

Yes you will only be able to charge the £80 a week as stated in your contract the remainder is for tax credits to pursue

Ring NCMA and get some legal advice before you go any further

Miffy xx

son77 Guest

Sorry to hear of the probs you've been having, sounds like you are better off without her anyway.

Doesn't solve the money issue though. You defo need legal advice on this one.

Can you phone tax credits & tell them that you have a feeling that she has been claiming more than she should of been? That will serve her right then for not paying you the amount you verbally agreed.

Try not to let this beat you up. There are some horrid people out there and you've got to hold your head up high & not let this women see that she is getting to you.

Keep everything wrote down & keep all letters that you send her.

Good luck. xx

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berkschick View Post
    Oh poor you, thats awful!

Who at her work would you discuss it with, do you know the people she works with? That seemed a strange thing to say.

I would definately get in touch with the NCMA.

She can not just walk away, she has to pay you the 4 weeks notice or let you work the 4 weeks out.

All this chopping and changing is no good for the kids.

I know it is really hard but stay strong. You are not in the wrong, she is and you have done nothing wrong.
    I work with her mum which is why she said she doesnt want anything getting out. Everyone knows I have her children at work as her mum talks and so everyone is going to know I am now not having them too! but not from me. The lady I mind for also works with me but different hours so I dont see her. I keep trying to ring her but she wont answer and phone is now off. so no point trying anymore. gunna ring ncma now.xx
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck let us know what NCMA say

Miffy xx

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: sooo mad!!

Oh wow, what a situation, You have well and truely been used here, Ive just read all of the thread with absolute amazement that this can happen, like already said she is claiming far too much money, as far as Im aware the maximum amount she should be entitled to is 75% of fees, so worth while a phone call if I were you as if anything comes back on you, claiming you are not being honest about your fees, with regard to the amount of Tax you pay!

She owes you more than £100 doesnt she? If so you can take her to court for the fees, worth a mention to her about that, also set a date as to when you expect the money!!!

and the money I owe you we will come to an arrangement You set the terms, she cant keep messing you about babe

Heres a huge hug for you Dont forget we are here for you xxxx

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all your support, I have now calmed down a bit (well stop being emotional!) and breathed.

I have rung NCMA and they said to inform her that she will be still charged for the late fees I am intending to charge her if she doesn't pay what she owes me by end of tomorrow.

then they said to outline that she will be charged for 4 weeks of childcare as this is the notice period written into the contract.

if she hasnt paid within 14days then I am to contact legal department.

so I am going to try write THE LETTER, will see how it goes! xx
    Love GG x x

son77 Guest

Good luck cheeky, go on, wipe that smile off her face!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, it sounds like you're well rid of her. DON'T let her get away with it!! Also don't be disheartened there are some really nice parents out there who appreciate good care for their children.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Chops View Post
    I am very cross but mostly upset about this whole thing. she is only young too and feel like Im being taken for a mug by a yung un. I will ring NCMA line, is it just the free legal advice one? x
    They are in the wrong Cheeky and not you - you have worked for this money.
    Doesn't matter if she is old, young, newborn or ancient a) she is fiddling the system and b) she is diddling you big time and trying to play you like a fiddle

Yes to the NCMA legal line by the way

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast