Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: sooo mad!!

Registered Childminder since
    October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sooo mad!!

yeah I am def going to log today's events so that if she asks when and what at least i have something to prove!! argh its just really annoying!!!!
    Love GG x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see how you could possibly have a working relationship with a person like this. If she starts off like this what will happen when she has been with you a while. If she does drop the money round dont invite her in just stand in the hall way and say what you have to say.

I dont like the woman and i have never met her. I would keep hold of any bank statments that she gives you or take a copy and receipts, if you ever had to take her to court for non payment then you have proof that she had the money to pay you and she cannot plead poverty.

\\\good luck and be strong

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

oh hun, agree with everyone, be strong

Arghhhhhhhhhhh parents

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The mum I have recieves WTC. She phoned them on the Wednesday and gave them my Reg. Number and told them her 2 children were starting with me on the following Tuesday

She received her first payment on the Wednesday (day after they started with me) so it took 1 week to process her, iyswim.

They pay her 4 weekly and this is what we have agreed too - 4 weekly in advance.
    Buttons xx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by button68 View Post
    The mum I have recieves WTC. She phoned them on the Wednesday and gave them my Reg. Number and told them her 2 children were starting with me on the following Tuesday

She received her first payment on the Wednesday (day after they started with me) so it took 1 week to process her, iyswim.
    They pay her 4 weekly and this is what we have agreed too - 4 weekly in advance.
    haha swimming again for cheeky

july 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I feel for you soooo much! I couldn't face someone I owed money too let alone inform them I was going on a shopping spree!! You do feel like your nose is being rubbed in it I agree!
    When one of my parents was 2 weeks late in paying during that time they very excitedely told me they had taken their family of 5 to see a big pantomine production in Cardiff and then a couple of days later booked and paid for their break in Eurodisney at the Easter holidays of all times so bet that wasn't cheap!
    Up to them what they do with their money but I felt like saying "well say thank you to me then, seeings as you paid for all this with my money!!!"
    Good idea getting a friend to phone about 10 mins after she due at house!!

Good luck, I hope you get all of your money!!

Angela xx

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

hehe! yeah I love my swimming!!! I havnt received any further contact but when I phoned the father he said she has been getting £150 per week since feb 6th and I only charge her £80!! I have put it up to the current amount she is claiming for as I dont think it is fair she is getting an extra £70 a week for nothing!! I was shocked by this when he said it!! He said he couldnt understand why she hadnt paid when she has been getting the money. so we will see what happens, but from now on I will make her sign every receipt so she cant rip me off anymore!! xx
    Love GG x x

july 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprogs View Post
    charge her late fee's and see if that makes her pay quicker.

I would ring again and when it goes to answer machine leave a message and say 'since you have not arrived with my money i will be adding on late fee's at £xx amount per day until you have paid. I also will be withholding care until the fees are up to date'

will be funny to see how quickly she gets round with your money then.

Obviously this is only if you have a late fees policy etc
    I totally agree with this Cheeky. This lady seems like a nightmare, my parents that sometimes pay late were great in the begining and have become more lax(?) with paying me over the year. Is this lady gonna get worse? Stamp it out now!

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    haha swimming again for cheeky
    It's the only exercise I get!
    Buttons xx

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

I know ! thing is she has been ok with paying weekly so far, apart from the 2wks in Jan (as explained before) I know she has claimed for more than I am charging, but with me putting fees up to what benefit she is actually claiming I am hoping this stops her silliness, cos she cant receive anymore benefit, this is her limit. Its just a bit odd (and frustrating) her not being in contact today.xx
    Love GG x x

Post Thanks / Like

Some people, you work hard and deserve your money.

I hope you get it sorted.
    custardcream. x

july 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree! It not much to ask for a few manners and a bit of curtousy!
    Have you told her that family cred do phone us sometimes to do like spot checks on our charges to check the parents info? I bet she would turn white if she claiming over and above.

I am with ya girl, it frustrating and sooooo unfair! Hope you manage to get in touch with her and get your money and soon!

Angela xx

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi sorry you're having a bad time.
    I cant believe some people have the bare faced cheek to do things like this, with no conscious how it affects anyone else, hope it gets resolved sooner than later

Helen

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casey's mum View Post
    I agree! It not much to ask for a few manners and a bit of curtousy!
    Have you told her that family cred do phone us sometimes to do like spot checks on our charges to check the parents info? I bet she would turn white if she claiming over and above.

I am with ya girl, it frustrating and sooooo unfair! Hope you manage to get in touch with her and get your money and soon!

Angela xx
    yeah this is the same lady I rang the tax credit people about, they said that they would contact her which they did and she said it was their fault because she def told them the right amount, it is their fault that they paid her too much!! hehe
    Love GG x x

july 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

That department is a complete joke! they over paid my husband and I before I started minding and we sorted out a repayment plan, they then sent me out a renewal letter saying they were gonna pay me something like 55 pounds per week which I wasn't entitled to and that they would add this overpayment to what was already owed to them. When I phoned to say don't pay me anything and then I won't owe you anymore they just could not understand what I meant!!! My 7 year old could understand that!!!

Angela xx

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by casey's mum View Post
    That department is a complete joke! they over paid my husband and I before I started minding and we sorted out a repayment plan, they then sent me out a renewal letter saying they were gonna pay me something like 55 pounds per week which I wasn't entitled to and that they would add this overpayment to what was already owed to them. When I phoned to say don't pay me anything and then I won't owe you anymore they just could not understand what I meant!!! My 7 year old could understand that!!!

Angela xx
    This is what they done to us a couple of years back, overpaid us then to reclaim it stopped all money for nearly 9months (that put us in dire straights as hubby hurt his back and couldn't work - he is S/E) and they have just informed us again that they overpaid us from Aprl 06 to sept 06 and they now what a total of nearly £3000 back. The thing is this when they overpaid us last time and stopped our money first time around!!!
    We are appealing and have requested forms nearly 10 days ago but they still haven't sent them out but the Tax office and sending us letters saying if we don't repay the full amount then they are taking us to court!!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Cheeky I hope this dad turns up as planned

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vik3000 View Post
    This is what they done to us a couple of years back, overpaid us then to reclaim it stopped all money for nearly 9months (that put us in dire straights as hubby hurt his back and couldn't work - he is S/E) and they have just informed us again that they overpaid us from Aprl 06 to sept 06 and they now what a total of nearly £3000 back. The thing is this when they overpaid us last time and stopped our money first time around!!!
    We are appealing and have requested forms nearly 10 days ago but they still haven't sent them out but the Tax office and sending us letters saying if we don't repay the full amount then they are taking us to court!!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Cheeky I hope this dad turns up as planned
    dont worry about hijacking the thread chuck! this is madness, at the mo we dont get any benefits, and I am beginning to think its a good thing!! hehe x
    Love GG x x

july 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=vik3000;53247]This is what they done to us a couple of years back, overpaid us then to reclaim it stopped all money for nearly 9months (that put us in dire straights as hubby hurt his back and couldn't work - he is S/E) and they have just informed us again that they overpaid us from Aprl 06 to sept 06 and they now what a total of nearly £3000 back. The thing is this when they overpaid us last time and stopped our money first time around!!!

We never received the forms so in the end my husband phoned them and eventually got put through to the right dept. He pleaded poverty to the extreme (even made me feel sorry for him lol) and in the end I think they decided that we had a spare 12.00 a month to pay them! Cant remember over how many years it is but hubs felt better as giving them pittance was his form of protest! lol

October
    Latest Inspection Grade
    none yet!
    Post Thanks / Like

after having no contact from either parent last night I ran the mother this morning, she said she was on the bus and needed to go into town to get a new phone and would come up afterwards to my house to drop money off. I thought fantastic !!

.......then

when she came up she came with her mum (who I also know) and both were in the car (ladies mum driving and lady sat in the back with children) they beeped outside the house for me to come out and get the money from them. I thought it was so rude they did this, but went out in my feet to get it! It was only £80. I was so gutted.

Last week she spent nearly 2 hours talking to me when I told her I needed to put the fees up to what she was actually claiming for (I was charging £80, she was claimin £150) so we agreed it would be going up to £150 as of yesterday as she gets her tax credits on wednesdays. I asked her why the money was £80 and not £150 and she started to say she thought it was happening in april and not now and I said last week you told me you had been to see I.Revenue and sorted it out. she gave me mixed answers and appeared confused about our conversation. Nothing she said made any sense and got me more and more confused and annoyed.

do you think I could ring I.Revenue to ask them to pay the benefit into my bank account? if so do you know who I need to ring?

also do you think that because we had a verbal agreement about the fees going up (until the contracts could be changed) I should charge her the outstanding on this weeks fee (£70)??

she also owes me some other money from Jan which I have warned her she will be getting late charges added if not payed off tomorrow, I addressed this in the car and she said I would be getting that as she gets £30 soon, I told her its £160 and she said something about savings then went onto something else. So she has until end of day tomorrow to pay that. But I wont hold my breathe.

I felt very annoyed about having to talk over her mother and thought they were very rude for not getting out of the car. When I got into the house I have burst into tears as I am so upset I have been treated like this. I dont know where to go next and what to do. I had no apology about yesterday and thought that was very rude.

any help would be appreciated x
    Love GG x x

Pipsqueak Guest

No, I reckon enough is enough Cheeky - you have been more than patient.

First of all record whats been said and done and paid.

Ring Dad and inform him of the situation (including you having to go out to the car - how ****** cheeky) and tell him you are taking legal advice and you are now withholding care unless the money is paid in full today and late fees will be added each day. I would also add in that mum should not have bought a new phone as she should have paid your overdue fees with the money instead.

Write a (strong worded) letter addressed to both parents and send recorded delivery as well stating that they are in breach of contract.

I think this situation is disgusting and the mother is playing you big time, for your sake do not allow it to go on any longer.

Tax credits will not pay it to you I'm afraid - it goes to the parents.

Please pick up the phone right now and get legal advice from the NCMA team, then ring Dad and Mum (him first) and then write your letter.

Be strong Cheeky - this is YOUR money and YOU deserve it

I am so angry on your behalf

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast