Why are these people so inconsiderate???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why are these people so inconsiderate???

Poor you!

I hope they werent from my end of the town lol I dont want a visit from them haha

You just know that they WILL call you back!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nell57 View Post
    This is Jessica, adopted from cats protection, she's a little angel, disappears when first mindee comes in the morning, then magically reappears when last ones going out of the door.
    Gosh that sounds like my daughter!! Obviously not the bit about being from the cats protection or being an angel but she is Jessica and she does that exact same disappearing act when the mindees are here!!

amanda xx

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

...poor you!what were they doing there for 2 hours!?

And what a strange question to ask?! They sound dreadful!

Jana x

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you've seen their true colours already so you know what they're like!

Sorry they were such complete wasters though.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Schnakes if they get back to you just tell them your prices have gone up to £10.00 per hour

If you dont want them just tell them the place has gone, an old parent who moved out of the area has returned and asked you to care for her child again. Thats the reason the place has gone so quickly between today and tomorrow, just cross your fingers when you say it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Schnakes
    I'll give you an example of a question they asked me. "Sooooo....do you tidy up in here after the children have gone?" nnnnggghHHHH!!!!
    Sx[/QUOTE]

What a strange thing to ask. I once had a parent ask if I drank, I was gobsmacked and said 'what, you mean when I'm working, of course not', she said no, I mean at all, and not just you but everyone in your family who lives here. She then went on to see a friend of mine and asked her if her children were born out of wedlock!!!!

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

F.P.S.

First Parent Syndrome.

(sorry no disrespect to 1st time parents outthere that actually do have a clue!)

What? What ? and What?! They are contemplating on sending their child to a CHILDMINDER....that is being a person that minds children, usually lots of other children....and whilst you will TRY and keep there child in a similar kind of routine they have to respect that you too have routines, school runs, toddler group sessions, day trips out..etc..

I too would be so annoyed, good on you for not dropping everything just for them you have other children to contend with. It sounds as though they want someone at their childs beck and call perhaps in all fairness they should employ a nanny?
    x-x peggy x-x

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Merry...I would have had to make a snidey remark if someone said that!!

Peggy - 1st timers can drive you NUTS cant they? Havent got a clue that the world doesnt revolve around their littl'un sometimes!

Quick update....they phoned...were rude AGAIN on the phone...so I was rude back (was Sunday night and I was tired...I dont see why I should have to be polite to people who arent polite to me you know!!!) and I think thats pretty much the end of that one although after I put the phone down I thought of a thousand really clever things that I SHOULD have said instead of what I did say!!!

It amazes me that people who would put their most precious thing in life in your care 9 hours a day, 5 days a week still have the audacity to speak to you like you are **** on their shoe. Tossers! The other minder who I mentioned is really desperate to get them cos she hasnt got anyone at the moment...Ive advised her to steer well clear, but shes thinking of the money. Glad Im not desperate enough to have to take on people like that!

Sx

Jul 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Remind me why we do this?

Marie x
    Marie xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Update!!!

I now have a message on my answering machine from the mum asking me to call back asap as they have made their desision....I cant imagine they are the sort of people to be so corteous as to phone when they ARENT going with someone....what am I going to do?! Why did I have to be plain rude? Why couldnt I have been the epitomy of rude??? FFS!

Still...nice to know my brilliance as a childminder shines through my bad attidude!!

Sx

Post Thanks / Like

They have made their descision?????????

I suggest you ring them back and tell them you will let them know when you have made your descision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lou xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    They have made their descision?????????

I suggest you ring them back and tell them you will let them know when you have made your descision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree , can't you tell them that the place has been filled ( with nice people )

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schnakes View Post
    Update!!!

I now have a message on my answering machine from the mum asking me to call back asap as they have made their desision....I cant imagine they are the sort of people to be so corteous as to phone when they ARENT going with someone....what am I going to do?! Why did I have to be plain rude? Why couldnt I have been the epitomy of rude??? FFS!

Still...nice to know my brilliance as a childminder shines through my bad attidude!!

Sx
    OMG !!!!! They have made THEIR decision?!!!!! Roflmao!!! Call em back - Tell them to sling their hook - in the nicest sweetest possible way of course!! You could say that you've had a recomendation from a friend who is giving up minding and that the parents were keen to sign contracts straightaway, and say i am sure you understand that I couldnt possibly decline to do so, especially upon a personal recomendation!!
    x-x peggy x-x

Post Thanks / Like

What I would like to say is....well...actually,this is a family forum,so I wont print it!!

Spoke to another minding friend of mine today who had a phone call from them. On the basis of that phone call...she had time to think about it, then phoned back and cancelled the interview appointment completely!!! Glad Im not the only one!!!

Sx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Your'll have this woman blackballed by every minder going!!! Did you return her answerphone message in the end?!
    x-x peggy x-x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123