Where do your little ones nap when they are to big for travel cot??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do your little ones nap when they are to big for travel cot??

I used to have my daughters room registered for sleeping and could fit a travel cot in there but now both my daughters are in that room there is no room for cot.

My mindees are now too big for travel cot but occasionally still nap

I have a cot bed mattress which i have kept but not sure if it would look right to find a mindee sleeping on a mattress on the floor?????

What do you all do for mindees napping??

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where do your little ones nap when they are to big for travel cot??

One sleeps in the spare bed, the other sleeps in the pushchair as he won't go down in a cot!!!
    littletreasures xx

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some thin fold up mattresses or if I only have them then they can sleep on the couch and I sit next to them - a good excuse for me to sit down and come on here or watch a little bit of Loose women and have a coffee. I had one (my only one) sleep in my arms yesterday for nearly 3 hours and I watched some recorded programmes and caught up on some phone calls I needed to make and he never stirred not even when the phone rang and I lt it go to the answerphone - he was just shattered - we'd been to rhymetime in the morning so he was shattered plus he was ill all last week and I felt he needed the comfort of sleeping in my arms - I don't normally do this sort of thing.
    Celest

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just have a thin mat that is for the floor, I was told by ofsted that was fine and at nursery that is all the older ones do so a mattress is luxury compared to this. There was a post recently about this if you do a quick search you might get some better answers.
    Paula

Feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Blow up bed, sofa or pushchair. Mine tend to fall asleep in the car if they're going to sleep at all which ends up with me sat in it for up to two hours sometimes! Keep a good book in there!
    Mrs.M x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a little campbed and camping roll mats, though more often than not the only one who has a sleep drops off in the puschair on the way home from the nursery run & I leave him in it.

Mouse
    x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My little mindee sleeps in the buggy reclined back. The older ones 2 plus just usually fall asleep on the settee if they are tired.

Last week I had my mindee with DOwn's (8) fall asleep in the toy box, it was funny to see

June 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used a travel cot for a long time as hubby works from home so there isn't anywhere 'quiet' The two older mindees, both aged 2 sleep either end of my sofa and the baby sleeps in his own lay back buggy.