Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: should i still charge if.....

I hope you get a swift reply from Ofsted cos i'd hate you to be over your numbers and them revoke your registration.

good luck
    IS BACK

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What will you do in the meantime while you wait for the variation?

It is a very serious matter if you get caught over your numbers. The minder I know was cautioned and told she could have to go to court

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

it looks like i wont have him anyway this week due to snow, so i should hear by next week, but obviously cant have him - its only 2 mornings anyway! silly rules, especially as i wouldnt actually HAVE 4 under 5 anyway

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    it looks like i wont have him anyway this week due to snow, so i should hear by next week, but obviously cant have him - its only 2 mornings anyway! silly rules, especially as i wouldnt actually HAVE 4 under 5 anyway
    Thats Ofsted for you!!! Feel awful now for pointing it out, but would hate for you to get caught out by an un announced visit or something!!!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

- its only 2 mornings anyway! silly rules,
    I don't think Ofsted see them as silly rules,

rules are rules and wether we agree to them or not we have to follow them, they are after all there to protect the children in our care.

Have they replied to your email??
    IS BACK

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a thought, did the email have your signature on it?

Pipsqueak Guest

sorry Sammy, I will disagree with you here, they aren't silly rules, they are there to keep all children and yourself safe.

I am getting a little confused by what you are saying though. Is the variation for any of the children you currently have? and according to what you have been saying you have been over your numbers while your son has been at nursery by having the other child for 2 mornings a week. the thing is it invalidates your insurances (dangerous position to be in i think). Sorry if I am reading this wrong and have got myself mixed up.

I hope you get your new variation, like I would say I would hate to see Offy come down hard on anyway for breach of regs.

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

yes it had my signature on it, ive had variations before and ive applied the same way.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i dread ever having to ask for a variation i wouldn't know what to put
    IS BACK

mar2003
    Post Thanks / Like

also im not saying there rules are silly and i will not follow them, i just think its silly to have my son included on my reg if my partner can be responsible for him, he works closer to the nursery than i do, he owns his own business and can leave and get there quicker than me.

I would understand if i was actually caring for all 4 at the same time, that would be important, but i dont think in my circumstances there would be a safety issue as im only with 3 children.

But anyway rules are rules, and i can see what they are saying with "my" numbers. I didnt actually even think about them taking my son into account as i wasnt actually caring for him and no-one has ever pointed it out to me,

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I can see where you are coming from???? Possibly

My dd comes off my numbers. When I reg I was told if Nige had sole charge of one of my kids then I didn't have to take it off my total number of kids.

We were told this several times by two diff inpsectors. We asked about it in relation to H having friends to t etc.

As we both work from home if nige is having full care of mine then I don't see why I can't use my full quota of spaces for minded kids??

When I was inspected last yr, as already said I can only do this if Nige reg as an assistant.

Which I can sort of see why but at the same time thinks it's a bit barmy

Have I made sense ??? Prob not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12