Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help

Registered Childminder since
    interested in childminding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help

hey thank you all for getting back to me so quickly. Today we trialed mini me (our 2 yr old which we have made out of a football cradboard and a mixture of masking and ducktape) and it soon became obviouse quite how ill catered for people are when dealing with public tranport or even just with more than one child ! Today we were testing a standard buggy as is and testing it on trips down to the beach and to the park etc, the plan is for friday is to test this with mini me and one of us pretending to be 5 we will also be looking at food shopping with the buggy and going around shops in a city centre.

We are still in the research stage but once we start sketching im going to try and get some of the stuff up on here (once i work out how to) so that you can see where we are going with things and give suggestions

Kepp the ideas coming they are all really usefull and theyr helping us alot !

Isla xx

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by isla View Post
    hey thank you all for getting back to me so quickly. Today we trialed mini me (our 2 yr old which we have made out of a football cradboard and a mixture of masking and ducktape) and it soon became obviouse quite how ill catered for people are when dealing with public tranport or even just with more than one child ! Today we were testing a standard buggy as is and testing it on trips down to the beach and to the park etc, the plan is for friday is to test this with mini me and one of us pretending to be 5 we will also be looking at food shopping with the buggy and going around shops in a city centre.

We are still in the research stage but once we start sketching im going to try and get some of the stuff up on here (once i work out how to) so that you can see where we are going with things and give suggestions

Kepp the ideas coming they are all really usefull and theyr helping us alot !

Isla xx
    can you u tube that! lol that could be quiet funny!

good luck

Pipsqueak Guest

Please come back often and update us on results and progress.

Would you like any tips for how "mini me" should be behaving and how the 5yr old should be behaving at any given point in the day?

ie/ you are in a rush, mini me is throwing a paddy because you want them in the buggy and they have gone rigid and you are desperately trying to stuff the child into the buggy straps. (don't forget to add an increasing high pitched wailing to mini me and a couple of kicked shins - yours). The 5 year old will not want the toilet until you are half way down the road and will start dancing and holding themselves telling you that "nooooooo I can't wait"

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vik3000 View Post
    Please come back often and update us on results and progress.

Would you like any tips for how "mini me" should be behaving and how the 5yr old should be behaving at any given point in the day?

ie/ you are in a rush, mini me is throwing a paddy because you want them in the buggy and they have gone rigid and you are desperately trying to stuff the child into the buggy straps. (don't forget to add an increasing high pitched wailing to mini me and a couple of kicked shins - yours). The 5 year old will not want the toilet until you are half way down the road and will start dancing and holding themselves telling you that "nooooooo I can't wait"

Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Post Thanks / Like

Vik, that last post is so funny!!!!

Sx

Post Thanks / Like

hi sam just to let you know there is actually currently a such a device available, i came across it during my research its called the buggy brolly and you can find it at www.promotingchildminders.com or at www.buggybrolly.com

isla x

Post Thanks / Like

i shall also see what i can do about posting up a video once its all done on youtube as i agree its halarious, thankfully i have position of childminder/director in the filming and one of the guys is going to be the 5yr old - however i dont think this will be too much of a stretch as when we went to look at locations and trail our route we had to stop off at the park to play and so one could climb the spiders web frame thing !

But deffinatly pointers would be really useful as to how we need to imagine them acting as there will also be a certain amount of 'sqwirmyness' which 2 yr olds have which we cant account for, although i think one of our lecturers is bringing in her 2 yr old for us to play with. But the 5 yr old pointers would be particulkarly useful, thanks

isla x

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by isla View Post
    hi sam just to let you know there is actually currently a such a device available, i came across it during my research its called the buggy brolly and you can find it at www.promotingchildminders.com or at www.buggybrolly.com

isla x
    haha that is

Nothing to add, think eevryone said what I would say, your project sound so much fun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12