Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default doing monthly planning for the whole year

Hi all

I think I might hammer mine and do it now for the whole year, has anyone else done this?
    Network and Support Childminder Ofsted rated "Good"

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: doing monthly planning for the whole year

I do a long term plan for the whole year which includes events and celebrations etc. I mostly plan from week to week though because I use the children's current interests to base my planning on so doing a whole year in advance wouldn't really work for me, not sure what others do though....

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a long term plan for the whole year which includes events and celebrations etc and i also do weekly planning thats for the mindees interests but mine are all under 3yrs

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

im up to March got Jan and Feb done and laminated some work too so i have it ready for next yr all my templates for chinese new yr banners cards etc

its like a LTP with our continual provision so within the 4 weeks of that month i have a number of suggested planns to pick from for the children i have at the time, then let the children go off and lead onto their own ideas and interests but its a starting point,

short planning can be a quick note in our diarys to say all children under 3 yrs so doing subject and activity ,,,,,hand prints,,, etc our planns can then be kept until next yr so not to be repeated, poss make reflection notes e.g. went well with age group 2-3 child L needed more help ,,will introduce more glitter next time etc

so how you doing with it its hard to do all at once what if something changes and you have written up all thoes planns? id do say 2-3 months at a time that way we can pick the brains of friends and the forum for ideas we may not have thought of,,,

good luck hun x

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

same as mrs b

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just worked out my main themes for each month, but then will go on and do the rest nearer the time.
    My lo's are all under 3 so it's not regimented planning, tbh, it's just a list of ideas aroung that theme, some of the celebtations we might do, I pick a colour, number, letter, shape, animal for that month ( it might tie in, it might not!), think of some outings that might cover some stuff,craft activities, books, dvd's etc.
    It sounds a lot but a lot of these things don't take long to do, and I never really plan when to do it- if we do it great!- if not I'll keep the idea for another time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsb View Post
    I do a long term plan for the whole year which includes events and celebrations etc. I mostly plan from week to week though because I use the children's current interests to base my planning on so doing a whole year in advance wouldn't really work for me, not sure what others do though....
    I do something like this - just a rough outline for the year month by month

The remainder I like to be as flexible as possible

Miffy xx