Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: at what time do u...

so those of you who actually go out and get your mindees??? do you do this out of chioce???

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

hi amanda

yes I do but I am the one getting up early so i think its only fair she does the school run

but saying that i do take the children to nursery in the afternoon

cathy
    Last edited by ruby; 28-01-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Pipsqueak Guest

I'm exhausted just reading this.... time for a lie down I think

I get up at 7ish, have a cup of tea in peace, watch the news then I get the kids up about 7.40ish. Get them sorted, middle child is NOT a morning person at all and takes a while to come round.

Mindees arrive (depending on the week) between 8.15 and if dads dropping them more often than not at 8.50am just as I am walking out the door to go to school. Dad doesn't do getting going in the morning and neither does youngest mindee!!!

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

my hubby leaves home at 7;15 so he wakes me with a kiss and goes and gets his breakfast at about 6;55

mon and tues i get up when hubby goes and shower make up hair and dress my girls are sorting them selves and have gone usually by the time i get down stairs go on the forum put a wash on make sure playroom is ready make a cup of tea then mindee arrives at 8:30 - 8:45

wed thurs and frii get up shout at sam as he has to be at college
    shower shout again to sam to get him up
    dress shout some more for sam
    make up and hair shout at sam that he's now missed his bus and mindee comes at 8

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I normally get up at around 6.50 shower, hair etc depending what day it is first mindee arrives at 7.30 and then normally shout my dd at 7.45 so she can get up and be ready next one arrives at 8.00 and then the last one at 8.45.

I used to get my dd up at 7.00 so she could be ready, but decided that wasn't fair on her anymore as she is old enough to get herself ready in the morning.

If I have a 7.30 start I work until 5.00 if not then it is 3.00 which I really like.

Lorraine xx

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

im up at 6 or befor, catch up on forum, shower at 7 and wake the kids,

hazelx

Apr 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

DD (13) and DS (10) now get themselves up and do their own breakfasts, dd does her own packed lunch too. They both get themselves to school too. So I've gotten a little lazy, first mindees are at 8 (but tend to arrive about ten past) so I get up around 7:15 am.

I have started as early as 6:30 for shift workers but it was only once or twice a week. Would get up at 6 am, wash & dress and then feed baby by which time my lot usually coming in for brekkie. Sometimes I'd take the baby up with me to kick ds out of bed as we went through a time when he didn't get up well. (just like his dad lol).

Not much call for before school care here. A lot of kids play in the playground a good half hour or more before school, much to the schools annoyance. They keep reminding parents there is no supervision/insurance etc and that children shouldn't arrive before 8:45 but nobody takes any notice.

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

on a thurs and fri i'm up for bout 6.45am, first mindee comes at 7.50, other days i get a "lie" in as the other mindee comes at 8.10! I dont provide breakfast after 8am, its good to know that others dont either, i thought i was being a meanie!!!!
    x-x peggy x-x

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Tues and Thurs up at 6.30 Hubby brings me a cup of tea on the mornings that he is on duty . 1st mindee arrives about 7.20 Rest of the days start just after 8am

October 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Up at 7.45am mindees come at 8.15, 8.30. My kids 6 and 7yrs get up any time between 6am and 8am usually early. Used to get up at 6am as had a mindee at 6.30am but they moved away.

The other mindee comes at 11.30am.

Fee

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ive a parent who works shifts so some days i start at 6.45 and others its 7.45 then sometimes i dont finish til 9pm

no wonder im k*******d !

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I get up at 7 and first mindie arrives at 7.15, 7.10 if traffic is light so it's straight out of bed and into my clothes! My own children are grown up and at university so only home in the holidays, when they regularly complain about the doorbell going early My dh works away during the week, so usually there's only me in the house in the morning, nice and peaceful.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

typical morning here is hubby getting in shower 6.30 ish if on duty and me getting up and getting myself dressed etc ( dont have time for shower in a morning, hubby stakes too long doing the 3 S's ) then I get Luca up and he see's to himself and then I get Amy up and get her bathed and dressed and hair washed etc, come downstairs and get kids breakfasts ready ( hubby gone by now ) and then the doorbell goes at 7.45 when first mindees arrive xxxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am quite lucky at the moment as my earliest mindee arrives at 8 am so i don't get up until 7ish because I have to get my son up and out for school.

When one of the mums goes back to work (out on maternity leave) then she will be dropping off at 7.15 so will have to be up around 6ish.
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12