Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A member needs our support

Not logged on in a few days and only just read this.

How sad.

I am sat here in tears.

I can't offer any advice but just wanted to send my love to all concerned.
    Kirsty x

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my god, that is awful, how very sad. I've not been in that situation, and hope I never will be! I think there's some sound advice that's already been given though - just loads of TLC, let them talk about their mum, don't make it into a taboo subject - try and keep her alive in their minds. Maybe make a little book with pictures of her, and memories etc? It may be too early for that, but... Just be sensitive to their emotions, they're probably very confused little people right now.

Lots of hugs and best wishes.

Helen xx

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Same as everyone else - can't begin to imagine how it feels, can't offer advice but can and wanted to say thinking of all - hugs

Mar 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazybones View Post
    How incredibly sad. I dont have much advice to give other than when my mum died and Ciaran was 4 (he was incredibly close to my mum - saw her every day) we were just totally honest with every question he asked and encouraged him to speak about her when he wanted to. We put her photo in a prominent position because he started to panic that he couldnt remember her face but could remember her dressing gown. My dad bought all the grandchildren a silver cross and chain and said that it was from Grandma so she could carry on looking after them. What has always worried me was Jamie - who was 6 refused to talk about my mum from from that day onwards.

Its hard to know what advice to give but in my experience I would say just be honest and answer every question so the 5 year old knows its ok to talk about her whenever he wants to and encourage his dad to do the same. Not sure what to advise about the baby. Its so sad.
    I agree. I lost my father in may and my children who are 9 and 12 really struggled emotionally with this and are still a bit up and down now. I put a picture of my dad in the living room and encouraged them to talk about him whenever they wanted even though I found it upsetting. Its good to cry and let it out.

Im sending all my love and hugs to this family.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My condolences and thoughts with all concerned. A truly heartbreaking situation. You seem to be dealing with everything very well Haribo. I am sure the family really appreciate your support :hug:
    In cloud cuckoo land somewhere

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456