Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Getting a puppy???

Quote Originally Posted by louise View Post
    Hi, We got rascal a springer spaniel two months ago.
    we have a springer. she is now 3 and half and has just about calmed down. we got her at 6 weeks old. they are very springy and do like to chew. ours went though so much - computer mouses, keyboards, videos, phones the children's toys, she even managed to kill the guinea pig bUT she is lovely now. best thing we ever got was her crate for when we go out.

good luck and stick with them. they are so lovely with children and very inteligent dogs making them easy to train.

Sarah xxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that Sarah. He is a lovely dog and the house will seem empty with out him now. Neither me or hubbie have had a dog before so its been a learning curve for us. Both our aunts and my dh nan have so we get lots of advice. My aunt met him on sun and loved him and wants to take him to agility. He is 4 and half months, he was born on my sons bday. how cute is that? Where is west sussex are you? I'm in Broadwater.

Lou

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by louise View Post
    Thank you for that Sarah. He is a lovely dog and the house will seem empty with out him now. Neither me or hubbie have had a dog before so its been a learning curve for us. Both our aunts and my dh nan have so we get lots of advice. My aunt met him on sun and loved him and wants to take him to agility. He is 4 and half months, he was born on my sons bday. how cute is that? Where is west sussex are you? I'm in Broadwater.

Lou
    im in sompting,. very close to you
    Sarah xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

i had 2 boxers when i started minding 12 years ago my views were and still are anyone who doesn't accept my dogs don't come to me. i now have a boxer pup and told the parents i have now that we were having her( 2 were with me when my lastone died) they were glad for me and the children love her. as for rescue alot won't let you as you have young children in your house its all according if the dog has already lived with kids. i would say go for one as it does teach the children how to care for a pet. good luck

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant thank you all enough, he has agreed to def getting a puppy now

DP didnt want a spaniel as it wasnt 'manly enough' but we have come to a compramise........we're going to get a labrador puppy

Sharlene xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Awwwww! Labs are great dogs! What colour you gettnig? Used to have a black one but I've always wanted a chocolate. We have a cocker spaniel now and he's the best-natured dog I've ever known.
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

im getting a chocolate one!!

I love cocker spaniels as well

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, Not that far at all. I use to live in sompting when i lived at home. My mum now lives in Lancing.

Sharlene, Tell you hubbie springers are manly if not my hubbie would of said no. He did want a lab though.

Good luck
    Loux

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Lou - enquiring about a litter of lab x dalmation puppies. They're 2 weeks old so will be ready to leave the week after I get back ffrom my holiday!!! and the lady only wants £50 each!
    Im speaking to DP tonight to see what he thinks hehe

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have 4 dogs, 4 rabbits two parrots and two lizards.

It has not put any people of signing a contract but i did have 1 parent who already had both her children with me sort of complain when we had two puppies at the start of the year (We only had two dogs till then), there was a big thing about doing a pet policy for the 2 puppies thechildren are not allowed around any of the animals anyway. the dogs are not around the children at all during minding the dogs are either in a run at the bottom of the garden or in my bedroom. the parrots are in a room where children are not allowed. All the parents have sighed and requested for there children to be around all the animals and to allow the dogs out while minding there children, i just find it easier to keep the dogs away as you really dont know what a dog is going to do if a child treads or pulls tail of one. They do stay in kitchen as well but only if the two children not allowed with the pets are off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12