Hello!

Hope everyone is having a good half term so far, if it is your half term!

Any exciting plans?

Tomorrow is Pancake day Usually if Pancake Day falls in half term ( or i don't have an afternoon school run to do ) I like to go to Scarborough for the 'skipping day' when they close the road behind the beach and everyone skips with ropes! odd, but fun tradition. Sadly I won't be going this year, as the gang of big children I have, we spent the day on the beach together in the last holidays, and this holiday they have requested the woods. so that's what we're up to. The rest of half term will be spent visiting the farm and zoo, and a quiet day at home, as one of my 3 yr olds has broken their leg, so is coming to play (to give mum a chance to get some jobs done!) and i'm planning lots of sitting down/calm activities! going to be interesting as this little one is not known for 'sitting down and being calm' ... hence the broken leg! But i'll only have this child and their best friend in that day, so fingers crossed it is ok.

And then ... it is the run up to Easter, and before we know it ... SUMMER

Does anyone have children taking up the new 2 yr funding? have they all managed to sort out codes and stuff. logistical nightmare here. added to it, i have 2 children moving to the nursery funding, who want to use the additional 15 hrs, and they need codes as well. I've NEVER dealt with the codes before beginning to wish i still wasn't. I can only see it getting even crazier when the babies can start claiming. At least, generally, I've known my families a while before they start claiming funding, but babies could be starting 'cold' with funding, and you just don't know how serious etc they will be about starting. I've read that we can charge deposits, EVEN for funded children, so, although I do charge a small deposit for children signing up and waiting to take on a space i know that will become available. I think I am going to start charging a higher deposit for children wanting to take the funding. I also only refund deposit in last months fees ( as long as they have attended for a minimum of 6 months ) and I think I will carry on doing that. However, it will all depend what terms and conditions the LA put on us. ... which we won't find out/get until the end of March/early April, despite by then, having already signed up/claimed funding for children. anyway! little niggly rant over!

Enjoy half term!