Happy New Year!

Thread: Happy New Year!

Hybrid View

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you’ve all had a good Christmas and New Year.

I’ve had a very busy but great time. It seems to have been non-stop from before Christmas Eve till today. I’ve got the rest of the week off work though so I’m hoping to have a bit of quiet time. It’ll be nice to out my feet up

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year too!

We had a very similar sounding Christmas/New Year as we had various family visiting and staying everyday between Christmas and New Year so it was very different for us, I normally have a couple of chilled days in-between Christmas and New Year where I watch a movie eating Christmas chocolates. Yesterday the last house guests left and the decorations were put away then my husband and I looked at each other and said how quiet it was with just the two of us

I am back to work today and it was shock when the alarm went off this morning, to be fair I have been waking up at the same time over the holidays but it was nice knowing that I didn't have to get up and enjoy a slow start to the day. I have a quiet couple of days then term starts on Thursday here so we will back on the school runs.

Enjoy the rest of your time off Mouse and anyone else who is still off.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy New Year to you all.

We had a good, but busy Christmas catching up with people.

I'm back at work tomorrow, and am spending today getting straight! Got a busy few days, but not planning on doing much .. just getting the children outside into the wood etc. School starts back next week, so bracing myself for a busy time!

my phone has decided to do, what seems to be a major update, and everything everything has changed, so i need to sit and look at it, and fiddle around till i have things back where/how i like them! GRRRR!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy new year!

We've still got the decs and tree up - anyone else? We'll take them down tomorrow, on the 6th.

Well, that's week one back at work done and dusted! It was a decent week really. One of my older ones left at Christmas, and although I'll miss him terribly, he was stuck with babies/toddlers, and so I had to set up activities just for him. It now feels like less work having just the one age group to set up for for the majority of the week.

Hope you are all back in the swing of things!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning!

We take our decorations down on the 1st Jan as I like to get everything all tidy before getting back to work. I had a quiet couple of days then Thursday was back to normal. I don't work Fridays so was a short week working week for me. I did go food shopping yesterday and was surprised how many children were about but then realised that they hadn't gone back to school yet. I live near a county boarder and the two counties do not follow the same term dates.

My current bunch are now all 3 so it's lovely most of the time I will be losing 3 to school in September so no doubt there will be a couple of little ones here again then.

Maza are you ready to start the EYPDP next week as you did say you got a place didn't you ?
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It was my first day back working today and I'm shattered! I had a bit of a lazy week last week, so it was a bit of a shock to my system! Luckily the children all came in happily and were excited to be back with their friends. Apart from it making the day a bit noisy and manic, it was lovely that they all played so happily together.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Morning!

We take our decorations down on the 1st Jan as I like to get everything all tidy before getting back to work. I had a quiet couple of days then Thursday was back to normal. I don't work Fridays so was a short week working week for me. I did go food shopping yesterday and was surprised how many children were about but then realised that they hadn't gone back to school yet. I live near a county boarder and the two counties do not follow the same term dates.

My current bunch are now all 3 so it's lovely most of the time I will be losing 3 to school in September so no doubt there will be a couple of little ones here again then.

Maza are you ready to start the EYPDP next week as you did say you got a place didn't you
    ?
    Yes, I have started. I did the first unit tonight. I'm doing my webinars on Monday evenings. Have you started?