Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween for yesterday!

Did you all so some fun things?

We did lots of dry messy play (rice, pasta etc) as that's what the children are really enjoying at the moment.

Did you get many trick or treaters last night? We had a slow start, mainly because I'd forgotten to put the porch light on and leave the pumpkins outside! Once I'd remembered we had a steady stream of callers, including some ex-mindees, which was lovely. One of the mums told me she's pregnant and asked to reserve a space for December 2024

Once we'd run out of sweets, I went out to bring the pumpkins back inside when a little girl came screeching down the drive shouting "look daddy, more pumpkins". She was so excited to have seen them and I didn't have the heart to tell her all the sweets had gone. I ended up giving her some sparkly spiders we'd used in the messy play and she absolutely loved them

2. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had such a fun day

I filed my tax return and then did my first aid e-learning !!!!

( I did then go out for tea with a friend ... and we both sat in the restaurant ... me with a huge spider on a head band, and my friend with a witches hat on ... whilst her son, who was working there tried to pretend he didn't know us !!! but we delighted several small children !!! (we pretended we didn't know we had them on !!! )

And now it is November!

going to do some firework pictures and watch some displays on Youtube. I've got a non fiction book about Bonfire night, but there don't seem to be the storybooks around about it, like there are for other events. It's a shame. It doesn't seem to be such a big thing anymore, where as ''' when i was a little girl ...''' halloween was not much of a thing and bonfire night was HUGE!
    Last edited by loocyloo; 01-11-2023 at 10:48 PM.

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I feel like we did more Halloweeny stuff a couple of weeks ago. All of mine went to pumpkin patches back then, as did we as a family. If you leave it until closer to Halloween, you run the risk of not having a good choice of pumpkins. So, they were all excited then and we did lots of pumpkin hands on stuff at the time. On Halloween, DD made some pumpkin bread and pumpkin brownies, both of which were lovely. We lit the pumpkin for the mindees, but I didn't put it in the porch, as we didn't want trick or treaters this year. My three year old mindees were absolutely buzzing this morning though. One was telling me all about his first trick or treating experience and the other was telling me all about answering the door to the trick or treaters. It is lovely for them when it's all well managed and wholesome.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh Loocyloo, the first part of your day really does sound like Halloween!

I agree, Bonfire Night was wonderful when I was little, and not really Halloween at all. We did a couple of Bonfire bits today. Next week we will be learning about Diwali! Busy, busy, busy.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree Loocyloo. Halloween was never a thing when I was growing up, but we did get excited for Bonfire night. I remember going to the school display and being amazed by it all. It was the only time we ever saw fireworks, although even those are going off randomly all year round so it takes away some of the novelty!

9. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, next week will be diwalli and remembrance, with a look back at fireworks.

Hope everyone is staying safe in todays storm.

We've come out to the zoo, and the weather is OK, but I'm a little worried about getting home, as the roads round here do like to flood

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, we also used to go to the school bonfire and firework display. Whenever I see old school friends we always have a giggle at the lack of health and safety at the event!

12. Likes loocyloo, Mouse liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So, have you seen any Christmas adverts yet?

I've seen a few - they're not really grabbing me yet this year. I think the John Lewis one is a bit odd...