Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default What cars do we all drive?

Afternoon!

DH is starting to think that it will be time to change my car in the next 12 months or so ( I have no interest in cars AT ALL! as long as it works, gets me from A to B reliably and has room for everyone, that's all i'm interested in. DH LOVES cars! )

I currently drive a Kia Carens 7 seater, and used to have a VW Touran 7 seater. Before that I had a Toyota Verso. The Kia has a marginally bigger boot when all 7 seats are up, and feels like a 'normal sized' car. I need a car that can be 7 seats, although I like to be able to drive it as 5 seater, with the boot seats down. I do need to be able to get 3 car seats across the back. We looked at a couple the other day ( one was a Skoda Kodiac and i can't remember the other! ) but the back seat has a 'bump' in the middle, so although someone could sit there, you can't get 3 seats across!

I was wondering about VW T5 etc, but they just look huge and like vans! although possibly being able to have 8 seats would be good!

x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I am not going to be much help as we downsized last year to a 'normal' sized car as I found I was hardly using the car for work and as our own family have all left home we don't need a big car. (We are family of 6 so we needed a big family car when the children were younger) Our last car was a Grand c-max which I loved as it had sliding rear doors but they have stopped making them now .

I am the same Loocyloo I am not bothered about cars...DH is already talking about when we change next time we will have to think about getting a Hybrid

Just to add you couldn't fit 3 seats across the middle row as that had a small middle seat!
    Last edited by Pixie dust; 07-08-2023 at 05:41 PM.
    Pixie Dust

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Pixie!

We're ruling out electrics and hybrids at the moment as all our family are at least 4hrs drive away and we don't want to be having to stop for ages to charge up!

DH has a 2 seater, so we need a bigger car for us all to fit in, plus i do drive alot with minded children.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't drive. I wish I could!

DH drives a Qashqai (sp?)

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post