Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
Morning ! we are halfway through the holidays here and I am counting down to my week off

How is everyone? We have had a few trips out to the beach and local park. We have also had a couple of cases of chicken pox which seems never ending as one person has it then 2 weeks later another case.

Just wondering what you all do for paperwork ? accident forms/contracts etc as I use Pacey at the moment for my insurance and documentation then Tapestry for Learning journeys/observations but everything is up for renewal this month and I am trying to work out which is going to be most cost effective as Pacey are moving to Digital paperwork which can work out quite expensive when bought individually but they do a deal which includes Kinderly which is an online admin system so I then wouldn't need Tapestry which I don't use half as much as I used too.I do like having paper copies of forms. I know childcare.co.uk do insurance too what does everyone else do for paperwork etc ? In this current climate I am thinking which is going to be the most cost affective
Afternoon! I was only thinking this morning 'woohoo' 'half way' we've been out and about and somehow, so far, have barely touched any craft/activities i have ready at home!

I gave up with Pacey contracts etc about 3 years ago. I got fed up with them having things i didn't want in them, and things i did, not in them! I now use the childcare.co sample/ template contract. i created my own child record form and I already had all my own other forms. I prefer having a paper copy. I get parents to fill in and sign contracts/ child record form with me, and then i scan them in and send them a copy/ keep a copy for me.
Then, using the Pacey medical forms as a guide, i again, created my own which i print out and keep in a folder with a section for each child, along with their child record form etc.
I also created my own attendance register which is a bit faffy as it takes an hour or so each term to create/ print out/ put in file. But it means i can keep each child's info together individually for the whole year. (I did try keeping medical forms as part of it, but it got too big and bulky)
I use 2 simple for obs and send those to the parents every couple of months. I got a long term deal on that a while back... and I've got a while to decide what I'll do when it ends. (If someone could create /or knows of an app where i can select photos for a child and put them on one sheet to print/ send without having to download to my laptop and faff around, that would be great!) Otherwise, i use a scrap book per child to stick things in/ scribble notes and i do print out the obs and file a copy in there too!
I also have the childcare insurance (it is a very good deal for me, as I've been a member of childcare.co.uk pretty much since it started!)
I used to still pay for pacey membership, but i realised last year, that i hadn't used it for anything, as i could get discounted training and Sarahs amazing webinars through childcare.co.uk! (This isn't a plug for c.c.uk ... just for me, it works out much better)

I just prefer paper copies to things. I find it easier and quicker than needing to use my phone/laptop all the time.