Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Morning ! we are halfway through the holidays here and I am counting down to my week off

How is everyone? We have had a few trips out to the beach and local park. We have also had a couple of cases of chicken pox which seems never ending as one person has it then 2 weeks later another case.

Just wondering what you all do for paperwork ? accident forms/contracts etc as I use Pacey at the moment for my insurance and documentation then Tapestry for Learning journeys/observations but everything is up for renewal this month and I am trying to work out which is going to be most cost effective as Pacey are moving to Digital paperwork which can work out quite expensive when bought individually but they do a deal which includes Kinderly which is an online admin system so I then wouldn't need Tapestry which I don't use half as much as I used too.I do like having paper copies of forms. I know childcare.co.uk do insurance too what does everyone else do for paperwork etc ? In this current climate I am thinking which is going to be the most cost affective
    Afternoon! I was only thinking this morning 'woohoo' 'half way' we've been out and about and somehow, so far, have barely touched any craft/activities i have ready at home!

I gave up with Pacey contracts etc about 3 years ago. I got fed up with them having things i didn't want in them, and things i did, not in them! I now use the childcare.co sample/ template contract. i created my own child record form and I already had all my own other forms. I prefer having a paper copy. I get parents to fill in and sign contracts/ child record form with me, and then i scan them in and send them a copy/ keep a copy for me.
    Then, using the Pacey medical forms as a guide, i again, created my own which i print out and keep in a folder with a section for each child, along with their child record form etc.
    I also created my own attendance register which is a bit faffy as it takes an hour or so each term to create/ print out/ put in file. But it means i can keep each child's info together individually for the whole year. (I did try keeping medical forms as part of it, but it got too big and bulky)
    I use 2 simple for obs and send those to the parents every couple of months. I got a long term deal on that a while back... and I've got a while to decide what I'll do when it ends. (If someone could create /or knows of an app where i can select photos for a child and put them on one sheet to print/ send without having to download to my laptop and faff around, that would be great!) Otherwise, i use a scrap book per child to stick things in/ scribble notes and i do print out the obs and file a copy in there too!
    I also have the childcare insurance (it is a very good deal for me, as I've been a member of childcare.co.uk pretty much since it started!)
    I used to still pay for pacey membership, but i realised last year, that i hadn't used it for anything, as i could get discounted training and Sarahs amazing webinars through childcare.co.uk! (This isn't a plug for c.c.uk ... just for me, it works out much better)

I just prefer paper copies to things. I find it easier and quicker than needing to use my phone/laptop all the time.

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks loocyloo that's so helpful. I already make my own registers. I am not very good making documents etc but am thinking it once I have set it all up it will be worth it. I used to make scrap books for the children but scaled all that back when everything went digital but I do think they are lovely for parents to look back on.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I got fed up with Pacey because somewhere along the line they made a spelling mistake with my name and they couldn't rectify it, and so it meant I couldn't access any of their training or anything. Anyway, I switched my insurance to childcare.co.uk and love that that it means you get Gold membership, and I get most of my families through that.

I use childcare.co.uk contracts, but have added/deleted little bits here and there. I use their accident/medication forms.

I type up a few observations each month for each child - just made up my own form. I don't add any photos - I just whatsApp them to parents - not every day.

6. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I will do a bit of research re cost this afternoon as should be finished by 4 as I want to get things sorted before we go away, well a plan anyway so I know what I am doing hopefully . I think I have just stuck. with Pacey as it's easier than changing

Just a quick question re accounts....do you do you own as I do and use Pacey's accounts book too? I have one for the current tax year but thinking ahead.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just a quick question re accounts....do you do you own as I do and use Pacey's accounts book too? I have one for the current tax year but thinking ahead.
    I created my own bits, initially basing them on the Pacey ones, but then my own!

I used to keep an envelope on the side for each weeks expenses/ mileage and then each month, add them together and put them in another bigger envelope, with total income and total expenses on the outside. Starting from Sept, I'm going to trial just using the bigger envelope and keeping all the months expenses together to start with!

Good luck!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to use the pacey accounts book.

Now, DH does my tax return and has his own system using excel.

10. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    So, I popped into The Works and bought a couple of craft kits for Christmas! So much for me not wanting to spend money on crafts! I was on holiday too, but we popped into Monmouth - the closest big high street to where we were staying. Have you been - it's lovely. Loads of charity shops too and I bought some beautiful lace doilies from one of them. DH and DD couldn't get their heads around that purchase, but I think they are lovely, open ended loose parts.
    So, I put out the lovely doilies that I bought. I just left them to see what they would do with them...They were pretending they had colds and were using them as tissues to mock sneeze into!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So, I put out the lovely doilies that I bought. I just left them to see what they would do with them...They were pretending they had colds and were using them as tissues to mock sneeze into!

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So sorry Maza but that made me laugh out loud
    Pixie Dust

15. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wednesday again! The weeks are flying past. This is my last week of working this holidays as I'm off next week.

And as usual, I've got loads of activities that we haven't done, as we've tended to be out for the day and then come home in time for tea and to go home! I really ought to learn that i never need all the stuff i plan ... but then, i just know that I'd be caught out!

Have a good day everyone. I've got one of my new little ones coming for a settling session this morning. Hoping it goes well... due to school!, my being off, and then the family being away, i haven't seen them for a couple of months.

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also off next week to spend some time with DD before she goes back to school.

This week is the last week for one of mine before he starts school. I've had him full time since he was a baby, so it's a big one. He's not 100 percent as he was off last week poorly, so he needs a slower couple of days, and mum is popping in all week with his meds at lunch time (he plays up with medicine, so she's giving it to him). This means we can't have any nice days out for his last week, which is a shame. It's a bit of a 'flat' week for him, but that's the beauty of childminding - we can adapt our pace to the needs of the children, where as a nursery can't.

I had a new one in for a settling in session yesterday and he was great. The others all bonded with him quickly, so I have positive vibes for September.

Have you got anything nice planned for your week off Loocyloo?

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aw Maza, that's a shame you can't have a any nice days out, but actually, for some of my children, they've needed a quiet few days/ weeks before they left so they felt 'too old' for 'Loocyloos' and ready to head off to school.

My new little settling in child was awesome! You'd have thought they'd been coming for years! Phenomenal language too at not yet 2 yrs old! My 2.5 yr boys won't know what's hit them

Have a lovely week off Maza and enjoy the time with your DD. Mine is a wierd week off... we're taking DD to College with all her stuff (that we didn't take down a few weeks ago) and managing to pop into London to catch a show! Then we're driving across to the cotswolds to pick up a carfull of stuff from DSs lodgings for this past year, and (after spending time with DS) delivering it to his Uni house for his last year (He's taking the rest the following weekend once he's finished his placement, but he can't get it all in his car ... HOW?... he only took one car load down when he moved in! ) Then home to spend a couple of days pottering round and then we're off to VW show for the weekend with friends. It's going to be odd to be 'on our own' for the first time in over 21 years!
    I'm also planning on getting organised because I've got 3 new babies and my 22mth old all starting the following week

21. Likes Maza, Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh loocyloo, that's a busy week off for you! That's a lot of new starters in one week too - but I'm sure you'll take it all in your stride. I've only got one new starter, but I've got a couple of siblings increasing their days, so it will be a fairly easy transition into September for me.

23. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gosh loocyloo, that's a busy week off for you! That's a lot of new starters in one week too - but I'm sure you'll take it all in your stride. I've only got one new starter, but I've got a couple of siblings increasing their days, so it will be a fairly easy transition into September for me.
    I would have preferred to spread my new starters out, but what with being off next week, and then school going back the following week, and 3 of the 4 having parents who are teachers/ work in schools, there isn't much i can do and the 4ths mum maternity actually finishes this week ... so she's got next week covered and then that's it! Baptism by fire! I might be rocking in the corner come 6pm each day

25. Likes Maza liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I moved to childcare.co for my insurance this year as they offer more courses and learning. I was a bit peeved that after joining it said that renewal was always in December. Does anybody know if this is how it works

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I moved to childcare.co for my insurance this year as they offer more courses and learning. I was a bit peeved that after joining it said that renewal was always in December. Does anybody know if this is how it works
    Ummmmm ... no idea!
    I've just looked mine up, and my membership renews at the end of March every year. But that might be because I joined way back when. Who knows.
    I do find them very good for training opportunities. X

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    Mine says that as well. To be honest, I've never got my head around it - I keep meaning to look into it. I'm sure I still only pay once a year - which isn't in December. I remember someone asking on FB once about this. Do let me know if you work it out before I do.

29. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I am back from a lovely week up North....what a beautiful part of the world you live in Loocyloo! Now catching up with washing etc and trying to put off getting my head in to work mode just yet

then we're driving across to the cotswolds to pick up a carfull of stuff from DSs lodgings for this past year, and (after spending time with DS) delivering it to his Uni house for his last year (He's taking the rest the following weekend once he's finished his placement, but he can't get it all in his car ... HOW?... he only took one car load down when he moved in!
    This is just like my step daughter who ended up having several cars loads brought back when we and other family visited her plus an emergency call to her sister to help her move her last few bits back as she couldn't fit it all in to her car ! Most of her belongings are stored in a spare bedroom here at the moment whilst she is away working for the summer then she is going to work out where she will actually be living
    Pixie Dust

31. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi I am back from a lovely week up North....what a beautiful part of the world you live in Loocyloo! Now catching up with washing etc and trying to put off getting my head in to work mode just yet

:
    Have fun washing!
    I wondered if it was this past week that you were up my way! Glad you had a lovely time, and i think the weather was ok ish!

33. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Were you on holiday, Pixie?

I'm on holiday this coming week (just at home) and I don't know how to spend it. I feel under pressure to make the most of it, but apart from one day, I have no plans, or any ideas what so ever.

35. Likes loocyloo liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast