Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 1st June

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st June

How can it be June already?

Having said that, May seemed to last for about 8 weeks

Is it half term for everyone this week? We've had a good few days, but could have done with some nicer weather. We've still been out and about, but it's not been as sunny as I'd have liked. The children don't seem to have noticed, but I've felt a bit cold at times

What's everyone been up to this week? A few of our children are on holiday so it's been a bit quieter than normal. We went to a messy play session yesterday, which the children really enjoyed. And as a plus, we didn't have to clean up afterwards

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Crazy!

It's half term here, but I took the week off! DD was away dancing for the long weekend, and we took an extra couple of days to have a break. Since we came home, I've just been pottering, doing a bit of paperwork/ planning ( although I still need to pack up and put away the Easter boxes sitting underneath my dining table )
    Yesterday was cold and a bit drizzly, otherwise its been rather pleasant and I'm just sitting in the garden reading. I have however washed innumerable dance costumes!
    DD is meant to be revising for A levels ... but that's up to her! I'm sure she knows what she needs to do!

I've got planned for 30DaysWild for June with the children, but as we're outside being 'wild' alot of the time... I'm not sure they'll notice much difference!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad that it is June already!

I had the day off yesterday to spend the last day of half term with DD. All my mindees, plus a mindee who has recently left, met up for a picnic in the park. I think it is so lovely that they all value the friendships that they have made at my setting - but I know that they would have inevitably ended up mentioning/discussing me once or twice! Oh to be a fly on the wall!

Are you losing many children to school or nursery in September? I am. They all have little siblings waiting to take their places, as the three mums are currently on maternity leave. However, they haven't confirmed (with me or their bosses) which days and hours they will be doing when they return to work, so it is all a bit up in the air.

Do I have to wait until September to take on a new family? So, for example, if a new family needed a space from August, could I take them on? I currently have three each day. It wouldn't be continuity of care obviously, because they would be new.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And just like that, half term is over! It's been a nice break but we've had a couple of cloudy cooler days. I'd have liked the forecast sunny days!

Although I'm not working today, I'm going into school with my volunteer hat on. Then when I get home, going to attempt to get my head sorted and planning done for this month!

I've got a couple leaving for school in sept, but they've been replaced by new babies and we've just sorted contracts/ days/ hours etc. I would say Maza, that if you took a new child on, then an existing child/sibling needed to add that day, then you could grant yourself a 'variation'?
    It's lovely that you've got little siblings to come along. I think mine are all done on the sibling front!

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was off last week which was lovely but we were so busy I could do with another week off

I haven't got any new ones starting in September at the moment, I have one that is supposed to be starting school but I think that might not happen due to their additional needs.

Weather has been quite cold and cloudy here today, I needed to have my coat on! Not much planned this week as we are just getting back in to the swing of things after being off.
    Pixie Dust

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post