Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Decluttering

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Decluttering

Have you ever regretted anything that you got rid of when you were decluttering?

I've got a trip to the charity shop coming up, and I'm wondering how ruthless I should be with my donations...

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I frequently find that something I want/am looking for ... is something I donated ... usually only a little while before hand !!

I tend to have a bag/box for charity shop donations sitting in the corner of my bedroom ... and it sits there until it is full; so I do have time to think about what is being got rid of! although occasionally I do just fill a box and drop it off ... I don't think I've donated anything, I've since regretted .. apart from perhaps books! I'm currently trying to reduce my collection of childrens books - but I'm finding it very hard, as there are some I barely ever read, but they cover a particular topic or theme so I'm loathe to get rid of them!

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I have an overflowing bag of stuff in the spare room waiting to be taken to the charity shop. DH is forever telling me that I just shouldn't declutter as at least everything was out of sight in wardrobes and drawers. If the charity shops were open on Sundays I might drop them off more often, but our local ones aren't, and I'm always so busy on a Saturday.

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going through a big declutter at the moment. So far I haven't regretted getting rid of anything and I'm feeling a real sense of satisfaction every time I look in the shed and see less and less 'stuff'!

I went to a carboot sale a couple of weeks back and got rid of lots of toys. Anything left went to the charity shop. It was wonderful coming home with an empty car

8. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I frequently find that something I want/am looking for ... is something I donated ... usually only a little while before hand !!

I tend to have a bag/box for charity shop donations sitting in the corner of my bedroom ... and it sits there until it is full; so I do have time to think about what is being got rid of! although occasionally I do just fill a box and drop it off ... I don't think I've donated anything, I've since regretted .. apart from perhaps books! I'm currently trying to reduce my collection of children's books - but I'm finding it very hard, as there are some I barely ever read, but they cover a particular topic or theme so I'm loathe to get rid of them!
    I really struggle to get rid of books. I went through them all a while back (I've got hundreds!) and only managed to get rid of 3

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post