Thread: Slides

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Slides

Does anyone NOT have a slide?

I only have the little tykes cube slide. I'm thinking of getting rid of it as it takes up so much room, but I'm worried incase I regret it once it has gone - because I can't afford to buy a new one.

My current lot don't use it that much, but I did have a cohort a few years ago who loved it. One of my current ones fell off it too a while ago, so I am a bit nervous of using it now anyway, unless I am right there supervising. I don't have any other climbing equipment in the garden.

Can't make up my mind...

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry we have a small Little Tikes slide which is used daily and is well loved by all the children. We have had it a few years now and not sure if I would replace if it was broken as we only live 2 mins away from the local park so we have plenty of opportunities for climbing etc at the park.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry! Somehow double posted!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Sorry we have a small Little Tikes slide which is used daily and is well loved by all the children. We have had it a few years now and not sure if I would replace if it was broken as we only live 2 mins away from the local park so we have plenty of opportunities for climbing etc at the park.
    I too have the tiny little tykes slide and they all love it. I also have a large plastic little tykes monstrosity in my garden with a big and small slide and periodically think about getting rid, but my current schoolies love it (and they are all only yr 1!) Both were gifted to me, so I sort of feel I have to wait for them to die! When my own children were little we only had wooden garden toys, with a few plastic ride ons! I'm not quite sure really how I got so much plastic in my garden! It's not really what I like but hey ho!

In theory I wouldn't replace if they got broken, but who knows? If someone offers me free toys, I usually say yes!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In theory I wouldn't replace if they got broken, but who knows? If someone offers me free toys, I usually say yes!
    That's my trouble too as I have a shed full of stuff which half doesn't get used. A neighbour recently moved and gave me quite a bit of stuff whilst they were in the process of packing up which I didn't need but know they have gone I have been donating stuff to the local charity shop, I have kept some bits as they had some lovely large chunky animals but there was also a lot of bits we wouldn't use.
    Pixie Dust

9. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE being gifted stuff. Then again, who doesn't!

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I LOVE being gifted stuff. Then again, who doesn't!
    This week I was given a HUGE bag of soft toys ( EEEK HAHAHA! ) ... mini beasts, gruffalo etc, Elmer, hungry caterpillar and a whole load of random wildlife. Child who donated them ... insisted on taking several back home with her mum was 'delighted' !!!

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's so funny, loocyloo.

My lovely neighbour gave DD a brand new coat which she had bought for her granddaughter, but her granddaughter didn't like it. It was absolutely hideous! I couldn't take it to the charity shop because my neighbour works in the local one and also visits all of the semi local ones often. It was such a striking, gaudy coat that she would have definitely recognised it. In the end, after it sitting in our cupboard for a year, I took it up north when I went visiting my family and took it to a charity shop there. It was brand new so I couldn't justify binning it.

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

My lovely neighbour gave DD a brand new coat which she had bought for her granddaughter, but her granddaughter didn't like it. It was absolutely hideous! I couldn't take it to the charity shop because my neighbour works in the local one and also visits all of the semi local ones often. It was such a striking, gaudy coat that she would have definitely recognised it. In the end, after it sitting in our cupboard for a year, I took it up north when I went visiting my family and took it to a charity shop there. It was brand new so I couldn't justify binning it.
    Oh no Maza... what a nightmare. Did she not ask if DD was wearing it?

My mum has given us all some 'amazing' clothing over the years ... always a bit tricky to pass on!

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Little Tikes cube slide that I move in and out of the garden, depending on the children I have here.

The younger children (under 3s) love it, but the older ones (3+) just go silly on it, leaping on it and jumping off, pushing each other out of the way etc.

I bring it back into the children's garden now & again, but once they start being silly on it, I move it out again. Luckily I've got space to store it out of the way.

19. Likes Maza liked this post