Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: April !

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default April !

Morning! Hope everyone is well. We are now on Easter holidays here but I am working this week then I have the week after Easter off when hopefully we will be going away for a few days. Anybody got any plans ?

This week we will be doing some Easter crafts, baking and fingers crossed the weather will be dry enough for us to get out to the local park.
    Pixie Dust

2. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I’m working this week, then off next week. I’m ready for a break!

Our weather has been gorgeous today so we spent most of the day in the garden. I even got a load of washing dried on the line.

Yesterday wasn’t so nice to start with so we got some craft done - lots of glue, glitter, feathers and pom-poms. Unfortunately the pom-poms didn’t stick very well, so I found most of them on the driveway after the children had gone home. They all dropped off as the children were leaving

4. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Helloooooo there!

Where does the time go?

I'm only working this week and we're up to our eyes in Easter craft! ( and yes Mouse ... our pompoms are not sticking either! ( i resorted to the glue gun yesterday! )

Yesterday was glorious with big bright blue skies and we almost didn't need coats on outside! ( well, the children didn't! ) today it is raining! I won a couple of childrens cooking books from Creative Steps (craft magazine ... I look at it online through Childcare.co.uk ... usually a few good ideas ), so i think we'll have a look at those this morning, chose a recipe and go shopping for ingredients and then cook!

I've been busy sorting out new starters, but all for September ... there seems to have been a bit of a baby boom locally and i'm juggling left right and centre to fit people in and around! Had a couple of annoying prospective parents ... 'oh yes, I definitely want the space' ... then radio silence and eventually, when I track them down, 'oh no, X Y Z'! One mum is making me laugh ... she's been chasing a space for months ... I offered her what I had, and it wasn't the day she wanted ( She'd never mentioned a particular day before ) but said she'd see if she could swap things around. Since then she has been avoiding me ... I've seen her skulk into the school playground with her head down, going round 3 sides of a square to avoid actually passing me! I didn't think I was that scary! Anyway, even if she came back to say yes now, the space has gone!

Happy Easter everyone xxx

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning all!

Start of the summer term! (Well, tomorrow!)

Hope everyone had a great Easter break and is ready for a super summer. Time is whizzing by sooooo fast!

Any exciting plans?
    We're going to be continuing to look at spring and perennial favourite mini beasts and the like. I do need to get some seeds/seedlings planted out as well. Other than that, my plans are not really to have plans! We'll do our usual outings such as storytime, toddlers etc but I'm trying very hard to let the children just 'be' ! I've got 3 heading off to school nursery in September, so want to have a fun summer.

I've just realised (as I write this) that we need to do something for the coronation, ... but as yet ... not sure what. I suspect crown making will feature!

Have fun

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well made it through day one after over a week off, its always hard when that alarm goes off after a week off. Our school doesn't go back until tomorrow so it's been a full house today.

We had a few days away last week and the weather was mixed either very rainy or nice and sunny. We did some lovely walks and spent time with family.

Loocyloo I am planning to continue with our growing, the children always love the lifecycle of a butterfly I normally have some caterpillars for us to observe. I only have one heading off to school this year and they are SEN so I think transition this year will be more in depth than normal as this little one will need a lot of support.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for some brighter warmer days but the children don't mind the weather it's just me who feels the cold and has to layer up.

Have a good week
    Pixie Dust

10. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

First day back today after 11 days off and I really don't want to get out of bed! However, I have children arriving in less than half an hour, so I'd better!

Hope all the back to schools go well xxx

12. Likes Pixie dust, Maza liked this post