Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 13th March! MADNESS!

Good morning all!
    So ... how come March is just 'marching' by?

I hope everyone stayed safe in the snow and had fun. We didn't have very much in the end, and it came and went within 24 hrs! Just about my type of snow!

We've had a couple of busy weeks, so planning a quieter week at home this week. Although I must remember to make Mothers Day Cards!

How is everyone doing with filling vacancies etc? I've had a prospective parent change their mind just before signing contracts (to start in April) because they're going on holiday in the Autumn, and another decided she was going to give up work and register as a childminder herself. I did say great, but it's not a quick thing to do!
    And then every other enquiry wants the day I don't work or the day I'm fully booked with a waiting list!

Have a good week everyone.

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same that it's seems to be flying by... we didn't get any snow.

Our weeks seem to be busy but thats mainly due to the different children coming and going through the week. We started our Mother's Day cards today just a simple painting/printing activity.

I will not have a lot of space to fill on September due to only having 1 child moving on to school, one of the current families wants to increase their hours. I have had a few children on waitlist but I always find that by the time I get a space they have settled somewhere else. I have just had a family give notice to reduce hours due to a change of jobs but it does mean that it's one less after school child 2 days a week. My after school numbers has reduced this last year and I have not filled those spaces through choice as evenings are a lot smoother and I do get finish a little earlier. I don't get that many enquiries as generally as I live in a village unlike other childminders who I know who live 4 miles down the road in the nearest town.

Enjoy the rest of the week.....we had some sun today so fingers crossed Spring is on the way.
    Pixie Dust

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I thought the same that it's seems to be flying by... we didn't get any snow.

Our weeks seem to be busy but thats mainly due to the different children coming and going through the week. We started our Mother's Day cards today just a simple painting/printing activity.

I will not have a lot of space to fill on September due to only having 1 child moving on to school, one of the current families wants to increase their hours. I have had a few children on waitlist but I always find that by the time I get a space they have settled somewhere else. I have just had a family give notice to reduce hours due to a change of jobs but it does mean that it's one less after school child 2 days a week. My after school numbers has reduced this last year and I have not filled those spaces through choice as evenings are a lot smoother and I do get finish a little earlier. I don't get that many enquiries as generally as I live in a village unlike other childminders who I know who live 4 miles down the road in the nearest town.

Enjoy the rest of the week.....we had some sun today so fingers crossed Spring is on the way.
    I thought i knew what my next couple of years would look like but with this announcement of free hours for one and two year olds I dont know what that will mean for me.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How can it already be the middle of March?

I must apologise for not getting on here much lately. Life is very hectic and stressful at the moment. I have to be honest, I’m enjoying my daytimes with the children because it gives me an escape from reality

Enquiries here are endless. I get several a week, none of which I have space for. All my current part time families are waiting to increase days, but I’ve had to tell them I can’t offer any extra days for the foreseeable future.

For Mother’s Day we’ve been decorating picture frames. The children painted them yesterday and stuck jewels on them today. They’ve been on the shelf drying and all evening I’ve been hearing random little sounds. I’ve realised it’s the jewels falling off and dropping on the floor! I’m going to have my to get the glue gun out tomorrow and reattach them

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post