Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: December 1st!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default December 1st!

Wow and just like that it's December 1st !

Who is actually organised and ready for the next few weeks and the Christmas countdown? We have made a start today with making Christmas cards, I have a few little ones at the moment so we won't be doing many crafts it will be more sensory activities than painting and sticking.

I do love the build up to Christmas, seeing the lights etc always brightens up our evening dog walks.

Enjoy what's left of this week ....
    Pixie Dust

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello!

Can't believe it's December!

I'm only really doing crafts with my schoolies! And like you Pixie, lots of sensory play.

I've succumbed to an Elf ... but mine is just coming out and about with us! Although he might get up to something when we do the afternoon school run sometimes...( if it's something I can set up in a few moments whilst the little ones are getting ready to leave the house! .... am going to save chocolate wrappers for one afternoon next week! )

How is anyone doing with present buying etc? A week ago I was panicking, now I'm getting there, just waiting for parcels! Although I'm still stuck for ideas for DH beyond usual of jumper/ beer/ choc etc!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How is anyone doing with present buying etc? A week ago I was panicking, now I'm getting there, just waiting for parcels! Although I'm still stuck for ideas for DH beyond usual of jumper/ beer/ choc etc!
    I have got quite a few presents sorted now but like you I am waiting for parcels to arrive, I had notification that a parcel was being delivered yesterday but it never arrived hoping it arrives today! I sent some things in the post last week which haven't arrived yet as there are big delays due to the postal strikes. I mostly know what I have left to buy just need to go and get them. I am lucky as DH needed a new pair of headphones so he was easy to sort out plus because we have spent a lot of money on our new kitchen which we have just had fitted we agreed on a smaller budget this Christmas.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

December's flying by already!

Workwise I'm doing OK - we've done crafts and activities and have been learning some Christmas songs.

Personally, I'm as behind with my Christmas planning as ever. In fact, I think I'm even further behind than normal Thank goodness my own children, nieces & nephews are all grown up so it's money in a card and a small present to open. One quick shop round town and I should be done

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    Wow and just like that it's December 1st !

Who is actually organised and ready for the next few weeks and the Christmas countdown? We have made a start today with making Christmas cards, I have a few little ones at the moment so we won't be doing many crafts it will be more sensory activities than painting and sticking.

I do love the build up to Christmas, seeing the lights etc always brightens up our evening dog walks.

Enjoy what's left of this week ....
    Im not organised at all! Mine are all under 3 at the moment so its difficult to do any crafts with them. What age are your little ones Pixie?

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Im not organised at all! Mine are all under 3 at the moment so its difficult to do any crafts with them. What age are your little ones Pixie?
    I have a few 2 year olds who have made cards but it's very process lead rather than me telling them what to make, I have a few older children after school who have done a few crafts. The little ones are mainly doing sensory things eg playdough, red/green chickpeas etc
    Pixie Dust

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My little ones christmas cards have had us choosing a sticker of a snowman, father christmas, tree etc and then they've had white paint & glitter paint in a dish to put all over the card as 'snow' ... a fair few are in a total wipeout blizzard!

The biggest hit activity wise here is a couple of (small) fabric stockings and a basket of baubles that they've taken to stuffing the stockings with. I've also collected a basket with lots of different star shapes in, and they like finding them/other stars when out & about. (wooden, bauble, fabric, star tins, glow in the dark stars etc)

13. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My little ones christmas cards have had us choosing a sticker of a snowman, father christmas, tree etc and then they've had white paint & glitter paint in a dish to put all over the card as 'snow' ... a fair few are in a total wipeout blizzard!
    That made me laugh!

Hope you are all keeping warm today as it's cold one
    Pixie Dust

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

How’s everyone doing with heating in this cold weather? I don’t work Fridays and when I’m home alone there’s no heating at all, I’m cold lol!

17. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Better light my advent candle to warm my hands up

19. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It was so cold here I had the heating on most of the day on Thursday and Friday.

I’ve recently had smart meters installed so I’d been watching how much it’s costing in gas and electric each day. I realised having the heating on doesn’t cost as much as I thought it would, so I’ve not been worried about keeping it on. I don’t have it on particularly high though.

21. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

And quick as a flash, it's 12th December! (I quite like the idea of a monthly post we can keep adding to)

How's everyone doing? Last week was very busy with various activities and next week will be busy with parties at the library and toddler groups. This week is our relatively event-free week, so we're concentrating on crafts and sensory activities. Plus it's nice to stay indoors when it's so cold outside! Having said that, we did have a brief flurry of snow earlier on so we dashed outside for that. By the time we'd got everyone wrapped up warm to go out it had pretty much stopped, but the children enjoyed hunting round for any bits of snow they could find

When does everyone finish for Christmas? My last working day is the 22nd, but I'll only have 2 children in that day. The previous 3 days will have been busy, so it'll probably be good for them to have a chilling last day. Then once they've gone, I'll pack everything away and get ready for 2 weeks of family time

23. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was planning a busy week finishing off all the last bits and bobs. My dd1, hubby and 2 grandsons are moving in this weekend for at least 5 months as their extension is built. And I have a new 18 month starting next week. And then… it snows and all plans go out the window. It’s been a bit of a year here, shan’t be sorry to see the back of it.

25. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are having a chilled week, so many children or their siblings have been ill over the last week so we haven't done as much as planned. All the children have made a Christmas card that's about it. The little ones have been happy playing with the wooden Christmas characters, sharing Christmas books and sensory play. The school walks have been fun in this weather as so icy, I have had school ones holding on so tight to me as they kept slipping and sliding.

I think we are just about ready for Christmas apart from the food shop. I do have presents to wrap.

I am working next week but it's quiet with only 2 or 3 children booked in most days. I am enjoying the fact that we have calmed things right down and not putting pressure on myself to do some many craft activities with the children as I mainly have 2 years olds at the moment .
    Pixie Dust

27. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We're seeing friends every day this week, but not particularly doing much!
    We've made cards and a photo bauble and anything else is a bonus! My schoolies just want to flop when they get home and do nothing.

I need to wrap presents, do a food shop and write/post cards!

I'm working 3 days next week, with 3 or 4 each day. 2 days I've got schoolies, so it will be fun, but I need 101 activities up my sleeve the last day is just my tiddlies so no plans and we'll see where the day takes us!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I was planning a busy week finishing off all the last bits and bobs. My dd1, hubby and 2 grandsons are moving in this weekend for at least 5 months as their extension is built. And I have a new 18 month starting next week. And then… it snows and all plans go out the window. It’s been a bit of a year here, shan’t be sorry to see the back of it.
    Wow! Have fun!

My new Mindee was born yesterday! Not starting till Sept but still exciting!