Room temperature
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Room temperature

Do you check the room temperature when you're working? Is there a minimum you'll let it reach before putting the heating on?

My own children always complain our house is cold when they come to visit, but I don't particularly notice it. Now I'm wondering if I should get a thermometer so I can check it doesn't get too cold for the little children.

2. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a thermometer to check the room temperature, to be honest mine are always so busy playing they don't feel the cold, one of mine strips all their layers off when they come in as they get too hot, then spends most of the day in a t-shirt where I on the other hand really feel the cold and already I have started putting an extra layer on, I also suffer with Raynards in the Winter months where my fingers/toes go white when I get cold. My playroom is a converted garage so it does get a little cold in there first thing in the morning so I normally have the heating on just for an hour when I get up. DH is terrible for putting the heating on but then walking around in a T-shirt but I think he is getting the message now seeing how expensive the heating is
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't have a thermometre/ thermostat for playroom.

My playroom is also a converted garage, so is a touch cooler, but the children don't seem to notice, and to be honest, even when the radiator is on, it doesn't get 'hot' in there. The playroom is off the kitchen, and we use that for craft/ messy play etc and I have an aga, so kitchen is always warm.
    The children sleep in dining room and if it's really cold in there, I pop a fan heater in for 15 mins before they snooze, same for of we're watching TV in sitting room. But they all love snuggling up in fleece blankets ( even in midst of the summer heatwave! )
    My babies all sleep outside in buggies with a snuggly blanket.
    I think I just train them to be hardy! Everyone keeps a snuggly jumper here too!

6. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

My adult children and partners always complain how cold my house is, it’s like a cave, cold in winter and cool in summer downstairs !
    I don’t have a thermometer either what would it say ha,ha need the heating on ! I suffer from cold hands and feet also, but if I was here on my own I wouldn’t dream of putting heating on just for me, I do during the week use a imitation dyson heat for kids , will put radiators on for an hour this afternoon for the children, they won’t notice!

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post