October half term week
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default October half term week

We're slacking with these daily posts, aren't we?

Are you all on half term this week? School holidays were normally quieter for me as some of the children were term time only, but they're now all year round plus I have an older sibling coming in, so it's a bit busier. It's been fun so far though. We've been doing lots of autumn/halloween activities. We're doing a little party tomorrow and going to toddler group activity session on Thursday. Then I can put my feet up on Friday

What's everyone else been up to?

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, not many posts now.

I have two off term time only, two older ones come but only twice a week.
    Lots of Halloween crafts, play.
    Went out on a long hike earlier in the week to a farm to see huge tractors they also have two small aeroplanes parked in their field, children like to see them.
    Today only one baby so not busy. Pumpkin play, hung some Halloween balloons just out of reach for them to knock about etc, may try and do some pumpkin foot print picture with them but young ones don’t see to cooperate do they?

Does anyone follow people on Instagram to get ideas? I do but unfortunately mine never play the same as the children on there 😂 but least get new ideas.

4. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I only worked Mon/Tues this week as we have tradespeople in doing some work in the kitchen which is great fun My holidays seemed to have gone quieter as I have a few term time only children at the moment.

We are doing some Halloween bits on Monday.

Dragonfly I do follow quite a few childminding accounts on instagram, there are some lovely play ideas set up on there but I am not sure how long they actually last in reality and to be honest I don't know how they manage the time to be posting so much and my photos never look that great

Enjoy the rest of the week whatever you are up too, I am having my flu/covid jabs at the weekend.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Where have all the people gone from this forum? Always makes me laugh says the largest meeting place
    For childminders ah.... all 3! So funny 😂

8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Where have all the people gone from this forum? Always makes me laugh says the largest meeting place
    I’ve never noticed that before

I guess we’re lucky they keep it going for just a few of us!

We’ve been having a lovely week with lots of Halloween activities and getting out and about. Today it’s rainy and dark though, so we’re going to have a wet walk to toddler group. DH tells me it’s supposed to be nice this afternoon so I’ll keep my fingers crossed

Enjoy your day everyone

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I’ve never noticed that before

I guess we’re lucky they keep it going for just a few of us!

We’ve been having a lovely week with lots of Halloween activities and getting out and about. Today it’s rainy and dark though, so we’re going to have a wet walk to toddler group. DH tells me it’s supposed to be nice this afternoon so I’ll keep my fingers crossed

Enjoy your day everyone
    Hello!
    I've had a crazy week so far ... I've not been working as DD had a 4 day dance competition and did brilliantly. So proud of her, but 7.30 this morning ... back to work with a houseful!
    I'd planned to go out for a walk, but non stop heavy rain from 8am till about 11, 2 non walkers and being shattered... I just couldn't face going out! Despite having 6 minded children from 10mths to almost 9! It has meant we've just pottered and played at home! We've had the Halloween sensory tray and done some Halloween craft pumpkin 'sun' catchers ... mix of orange glue and tissue paper and they look gorgeous! It's being a lovely day. Little ones asleep and big ones creating their own Halloween pictures and chatting. I've been looking up things/ songs they are asking about and having such a nice time!
    I've been following 'listen to the children' on Facebook and how she basically just provides the starting blocks for play and let's the children take it where they want to, and I really like that! She does seem to have older/ preschool age children and a fair few of them and a big space!

I do wish more people posted on here, it used to be such a vibrant group. Where did they all go?!
    Although I have a childminder page on Facebook, and can follow some pages, it is linked to my husbands account, and I can't join the childminder Facebook group from my work page, but I don't want my own page and if i did, I don't want it linked to work!
    I don't really look at Instagram unless DD screenshots/ sends me a link!

Hope it dries up soon!20221027_131843.jpg
    Last edited by loocyloo; 27-10-2022 at 01:31 PM.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Lovely suncatchers

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, it was good fun reading on here years back. Although it got very heated at times! I remember the user names....I wonder what they are all doing now. I guess most people are just on facebook groups these days.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not on Facebook

16. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I’m not on Facebook
    neither am I!

well .... I have a childminder page linked to DHs account, but i'm not on it as 'me' !!! I can link to/follow other pages using my Childminder Business page. I find it a tad annoying that i can follow/sign up to the childminder groups using my business account! That's all i'm interested in!