Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default FRIDAY!!! 14TH October

How come it's Friday?!

I've had an odd week .. lots of children off poorly, or with appointments or something and coming late/ going early or just not coming at all. I've been slightly confused all week

We've been doing autumn stuff, and also went to a childminder friends to share in a visit from a local PSCO who brought hats/ jackets/ stickers and most excitingly ... his police van! We got to turn the lights and siren on! Now we're wondering if we can get arrange a fire engine visit! Or maybe we'll have to find a fire station to visit! Does anyone know if they do them?

Has anyone had a 4th covid jab? I was just looking out of curiosity and it appears I am eligible, so I will get that sorted. Am going to have to drive 45 minutes at least, but maybe we'll be able to tie it into something else. I'm also waiting for surgery to call up to say I can come for my flu jab. ... such an exciting life I lead

2. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning

How exciting having the visit with the PSCO, I have no idea about the Fire stations but I would have thought you would have to go there rather than they come to you.

I am getting used to my Fridays off now today the dog has been for his booster vaccinations and I am going to do a bit of housework before the food shop ! The weekend is going to be pretty busy as we need to get ready for some building work that will be starting, it's going to be awful for a few weeks but once it's all done it will be great.

Our surgery has been offering both jabs so I am going to see if I get called, I am eligible for both but last year our surgery kept saying we will get back to you re flu jab when we have the stock so I ended up going to a local pharmacy. Quite a few people locally who I know have Covid the last couple of weeks and have been quite ill. When I did have it earlier in the year I was so lucky as I only had a mild case of it. Maybe it's due to all the germs we are subjected to on a daily basis
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As far as I know, I haven't had covid! ... don't know how I've avoided it, but I've not ever had a positive! I've been doing the ONS covid study and a couple of times I've thought it might be positive, and it hasn't been!
    I'm usually pretty immune to things so fingers crossed!

Sounds like a busy day Pixie, and how exciting ... hope the pain passes quickly for the building work!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had flu jab, covid jab next week.

Heard there are a lot of people/ children locally with covid which is bad news.whats it going to be when we are inside more and the heatings on!
    I went to a children’s group for the second time since before the pandemic this week, I can see why I haven’t missed it.will I be going again? Shouldn’t think so.
    I meet up with another Childminder during the week but we are always outside, become a habit as we met up with the children during the pandemic, obviously when we were allowed.
    Are you all back to normal now meeting up inside, going to groups etc? Never seen so many illnesses, this term I’ve had one child with impetigo and another with hand foot and mouth, lots of coughs and colds too and apparently chicken pox is about.
    Wow Loocyloo you haven’t had Covid, not many people that haven’t now, hope it stays that way for you.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm going to a couple of toddler groups, but avoiding the really busy ones. I missed going, and for some of my 'lockdown' babies, they really need the slightly larger groups and other adults to interact with.
    We were going to storytime at the library last summer, but then the librarian left, and they've only just got a new volunteer for storytime ( and me! I got talked into doing it once a month! ... ) fingers crossed they get some more volunteers and I can ease back into 'reserve/emergency' storyteller again! They obviously know I'm actually working and are happy to work around me and my minded children! One of the volunteers has said she will be there for 'my' storytime and whilst 'there is no way on the planet' she would tell the story, she's willing to sit with us and field my children if needed! We see her alot, so it should work well!
    We meet up with friends too, usually outdoor ish, but inside if weather just not being kind!

We've all had lots of snotty colds, and a particularly delightful viral thing which seems to bring d&v with it! I think I may have had covid ..
    Just no symptoms and only since I've had any vaccines, as I've been showing positive for antibodies since then!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Last week seemed to go by in a flash and now the weekend has gone just as quickly! I've spent most of the weekend doing my (grown up) children's washing. They've decided it's cheaper to bring their washing here than do it at their own homes. I did tell them I didn't mind if they used the washing machine & dryer, as long as they did it themselves. The reality is they drop the dirty washing off and collect it when it's clean, dry and folded

I had my flu jab yesterday and feel OK. Having said that, I've had an awful cold anyway so couldn't have felt much worse! I've got a covid jab booked for a couple of weeks time. I was unsure whether or not to have it, but went ahead an booked it anyway.

I've been going back to toddler groups since September. The children enjoy it and it means I get a couple of mornings a week with a tidy house The children and I have all had colds since September but all seem to be getting over them now. I think we all need to build up our immunity again.

10. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post