Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, I glanced at it, but meant to look at it properly at a later date, but I haven't. Very keen to hear how you find it.

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They have set up a private Facebook group for the January group and there seems to be quite a few childminders and they seem to be ones who have been doing the job for many years so fingers crossed it will be a positive experience.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, are there assignments involved in the course? I looked at it again and I don't seem to fit any of the criteria - I don't have an SEND child etc.

6. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post

In a moment of madness I have signed up to the EYPDP free training to start in January...anyone else done it? I will be in cohort 3. I signed up because I have noticed such a change in the post covid children I thought it might help me

I'm doing it at the moment, Pixie.

It's quite a commitment as it's over 8 months, but it isn't particularly hard work.

You have one unit to do online each week. That takes about an hour. You read through the unit, watch some videos and answer some questions on a sheet you print off. You've then got a weekly webinar to attend. They do loads of different sessions throughout the week - days, evenings, weekends - so you chose a time that suits you. I do my webinars on a Monday evening as that's my least busy night. I'm finding the webinars really enjoyable. They last an hour and a half, but the time goes very quickly. The tutor talks through what we've read in the online unit, then we go into breakout rooms and discuss the answers we put on our sheets. Then back to the main group to feedback what we've discussed.

There are quite a few childminders in my group but also quite a few people from nurseries. It's really good to get different perspectives and ideas.

8. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pixie, are there assignments involved in the course? I looked at it again and I don't seem to fit any of the criteria - I don't have an SEND child etc.
    Maza, it's worth applying anyway.

I was initially told I didn't fit the criteria, but my LA told them I'd be ideal for it, so they let me join.

10. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust, Maza liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure you have seen than Mouse has now answered this as she is currently doing the course it sounds interesting and not too much work, webinars are not my favourite but I am sure I will get used to it.
    Pixie Dust

12. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh Pixie and Mouse, I've just applied! I keep going back and forth about whether I have time, but I thought I'd go for it. I don't really meet the criteria, so they might not let me do it anyway! I'll keep you posted!

14. Likes loocyloo, Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh Pixie and Mouse, I've just applied! I keep going back and forth about whether I have time, but I thought I'd go for it. I don't really meet the criteria, so they might not let me do it anyway! I'll keep you posted!
    ohh I was a bit like that thinking shall I or not then just did it....I think they accept people who don't meet the criteria if they have spaces available. Our L.A seems to be really pushing to at the moment which makes me think not many locally have signed up this time. I will keep my fingers crossed for you Maza we could even end up in the same webinar group
    Pixie Dust

16. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a standard reply saying that I don't meet the criteria and that they will work with my LA to see if I can still do it. Just because I don't have any SEND etc children at the moment doesn't mean I won't in the near future, so hopefully I'll get on. It's so funny, but I really was in two minds about it all until they said no. Now I'm thinking that I really, really want it!

18. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie I'm in!!!!! The green cohort! I'm rather excited. I almost want to start now while I'm excited, because come January I'll probably start thinking "What have I done?"

20. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie I'm in!!!!! The green cohort! I'm rather excited. I almost want to start now while I'm excited, because come January I'll probably start thinking "What have I done?"
    Oh exciting!! I am the same Maza as sometimes I sit here and think why did I sign up for it and then other days I can't wait see what it's all about
    Pixie Dust

22. Likes Maza liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12