Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Week beginning 26th September.

Amazingly all 3 are having a little nap so I am having a quick cuppa.

It was very cold here this morning, it hasn't really warmed up much either but we had fun out in the garden. We have had to put more layers on now when we go out, puddle suits to try and keep everyone dry as it's a bit wet and muddy in my garden at the moment. The children have been enjoying an Autumn sensory tray filled with conkers/leaves/pine cones and some small squash.

Anyone put their heating on yet? After getting our predicted bill for the next 12 months I really don't want to put ours on yet, time to get the cosy blankets out to snuggle up in during the evening.

Have a good week
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

good afternoon ... mine are all asleep too!

We went out to feed the ducks and have a wander in the woods; lots of fun climbing on and jumping off logs!

it is definitely chillier now! No heating on here yet, but we have the aga in the kitchen and DH has lit the woodburner in sitting room a couple of times in the evening. DD was complaining she was cold last night and needed a blanket for her bed ... I did suggest that maybe she could put some warmer clothing on, rather than shorts and tshirt !!!

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Chilly here today too. Heating is clicking on each morning so I’m enjoying the warmth for half hour then turning it off. The boys I take to school are still wearing shorts and the little girl was complaining of cold legs and said mum won’t let her wear tights yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Our heating stays on at 18 degrees so only clicks on if it goes below that currently. Not finding it too cold - YET!

How do you all get children to all sleep at the same time??!!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Our heating stays on at 18 degrees so only clicks on if it goes below that currently. Not finding it too cold - YET!

How do you all get children to all sleep at the same time??!!
    It only happens one day week that the children all need a sleep on that day, we have a routine and the children know that they have a nap after lunch, they get their sleep mats out and settle themselves down.
    Pixie Dust

6. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine all go down for a "rest" after lunch.

At the moment I have a 3 yr old who doesn't sleep, but will generally have a 20/30 min quiet time, just snuggled under a blanket on a sleep mat.
    My babies sleep at anytime but our routine is such, as that's when they nap! One is currently transitioning to just one long nap a day and tends to go down about 11, until 1ish, so if I get the timings right, I still get half an hour of peace!

I don't tie myself to naps though. If we're out, the babies snooze in buggy and everyone else naps in the car on the way home!