Death of the Queen
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Death of the Queen

What a sad time. I thought after the announcement yesterday that the Queen was ill and the family were dashing off to see her, it was only a matter of time before her death was announced. Like the majority of people though, it's still a shock that it happened so quickly.

I put the TV on a few times yesterday while the children were here to check for updates. It all seemed a bit surreal.

It got me thinking about all the Jubilee activities we did earlier this year. Even though most of my children were too young to understand the significance of it, they could all recognise a picture of the Queen and they all knew that her favourite dogs were Corgis I'm glad I had the chance to do some Royal Family related activities with them and that they've got photos as reminders. The death of the Queen and the crowning of a new King will be a big part of their history, even if they don't know it.

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Some friends and I at toddlers were only saying today, that because we did all the jubilee activities, the children actually know about the Royal Family and so this actually means something to them.

It is so sad, even though expected. I keep finding myself welling up thinking about it.