Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday already!

I can't believe it's Wednesday already.

How's your week going? Are the children all back at school now? I've had a lovely week so far with just the pre-schoolers. It's seemed very quiet after the busy school hols, but I have new starters coming in over the next few weeks so it'll soon be busy again.

Has anyone got any plans for this week, or just getting back into the swing of things? We went to the library yesterday for a song & story session. The children really enjoyed it so I'll try to make it a regular thing. The only problem is the time clashes with nap time, so I need to try and work round it.

Apart from that we're playing dodge the downpours and getting out into the garden when we can. I don't mind a bit of rain, but it's been torrential at times.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so confused what day it is some of my regular children have increased their days so I have to double check which day it is as I am so used to them doing their old days. I am enjoying being back in our normal routine with school runs etc . I haven't got any plans this week as some children are back after the summer break so just letting everyone just settle back in.

I have one new starter this term and so far so good. A couple of my wrap around school children are not coming back but I am not going to take on any new ones even though there is a high demand around here. I will be earning less which isn't ideal.

I have noticed such a change with it getting dark so much earlier, I always take our dog for a walk in the evening but when it's dark its not so much fun. I find walking the dog a nice way to relax and unwind after a busy day.

Soon be the weekend
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

evening all!

how has it got to wednesday?!

I'm just settling myself back into the 'normal' routine of school runs and all my term time only children. I've lost a couple of older schoolies, but i'm not looking to replace them! I did have a mum at school today ask if i had a space, but her child is a boisterous boy and the day she wanted, is all 'quiet' (read squeally giggly ) girls, and i don't want to change the dynamic! i have a new baby starting in a few weeks, and a couple of other children have added days/changed hours, so i'm not quite sure if i'm coming or going, especially with the change in school hours as well !!! it has been a lovely week so far though.

I'm trying to work a 'system' out, so that all children get to experience the different places we visit as well as those that attend on a day that we also visit the library for storytime, toddlers etc! AND to meet up with fellow childminders! there doesn't seem to be enough hours/days in the week, as well as factoring in naps!

have a good rest of the week all xx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

All back to normal now, though my second baby after 4 settling periods ( I only give two free then they pay) started for good 2 weeks ago and one of the days I have this child I have another baby and a 3 yr old with issues ( think 2 rather than 3). So on one day of the week I have a just turned 10 month old,a 13 month old and the 3 year old. Both babies are crawling so don’t stay in one place, the other child has limited attention and no space awareness boy, it’s a busy exhausting day!,
    Anyone else have this at the moment?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    I am so confused what day it is some of my regular children have increased their days so I have to double check which day it is as I am so used to them doing their old days. I am enjoying being back in our normal routine with school runs etc . I haven't got any plans this week as some children are back after the summer break so just letting everyone just settle back in.

I have one new starter this term and so far so good. A couple of my wrap around school children are not coming back but I am not going to take on any new ones even though there is a high demand around here. I will be earning less which isn't ideal.

I have noticed such a change with it getting dark so much earlier, I always take our dog for a walk in the evening but when it's dark its not so much fun. I find walking the dog a nice way to relax and unwind after a busy day.

Soon be the weekend
    How come youre not taking on any new wrap around ones Pixie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    evening all!

how has it got to wednesday?!

I'm just settling myself back into the 'normal' routine of school runs and all my term time only children. I've lost a couple of older schoolies, but i'm not looking to replace them! I did have a mum at school today ask if i had a space, but her child is a boisterous boy and the day she wanted, is all 'quiet' (read squeally giggly ) girls, and i don't want to change the dynamic! i have a new baby starting in a few weeks, and a couple of other children have added days/changed hours, so i'm not quite sure if i'm coming or going, especially with the change in school hours as well !!! it has been a lovely week so far though.

I'm trying to work a 'system' out, so that all children get to experience the different places we visit as well as those that attend on a day that we also visit the library for storytime, toddlers etc! AND to meet up with fellow childminders! there doesn't seem to be enough hours/days in the week, as well as factoring in naps!

have a good rest of the week all xx
    I've got 2 morning nappers on the same days so we arent getting out at the moment and its frustrating because I think the parents want their OWN child to nap but go out as well!