Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How is everyone?

How is everyone doing?

I had a lovely week away last week, we caught up with some friends we hadn't seen for a long time too. I can't believe I have already been back at work for a week!
    This week has been quite quiet as have some on holiday plus one off due to illness too, we haven't done much as everyone seemed to be content playing out in the garden making dens.

I have been trying to get organised for September as I have a new starter plus a few are increasing their hours. We still have another couple of weeks before the children go back to school. I always treat September like the start of the year, I like to have a declutter and get organised for the term/year ahead. I started childminding in the September so insurance/Ofsted etc always gets renewed this time of year and this is when I reflect on how things are going and if I need to change anything. My focus I think is communication with parents as I have been using an online learning journey which I haven't been using as much this last year so not sure if it's actually worth paying the money for. I know a lot of childminder use WhatsApp to send photos etc .

Have a good day and enjoy the weekend !
    Pixie Dust

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    How is everyone doing?

I had a lovely week away last week, we caught up with some friends we hadn't seen for a long time too. I can't believe I have already been back at work for a week!
    This week has been quite quiet as have some on holiday plus one off due to illness too, we haven't done much as everyone seemed to be content playing out in the garden making dens.

I have been trying to get organised for September as I have a new starter plus a few are increasing their hours. We still have another couple of weeks before the children go back to school. I always treat September like the start of the year, I like to have a declutter and get organised for the term/year ahead. I started childminding in the September so insurance/Ofsted etc always gets renewed this time of year and this is when I reflect on how things are going and if I need to change anything. My focus I think is communication with parents as I have been using an online learning journey which I haven't been using as much this last year so not sure if it's actually worth paying the money for. I know a lot of childminder use WhatsApp to send photos etc .

Have a good day and enjoy the weekend !
    Hi Pixie, OK here. Wondering how the cost of living crisis is going to effect childminders and nurseries.

I like September, feels like a fresh new start. I have a new starter too, always get nervous!

What online system do you use? Mine is expensive and i wonder how much benefit parents get from it.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never used an online system they seem very expensive for childminders.i do paper learning journeys and WhatsApp parents with photos throughout the day so they can see what their child is up to, they really like this.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning.

I use 2 simple for basic obs, that I then email to parents every couple of months. It will compile reports/data etc, but nothing else. I use paper diaries and what's app for parents. They like both these methods of communication.

I can't believe it's another week ... is this week 5 of the school holidays? I've lost track! I had a parent message last week to say they were still away, and so, could child do extra days this week? I said they were welcome to do extra days this week, but they would be charged for! Radio Silence! Guessing that wasn't the answer the parent wanted!

Have fun everyone. I'm not actually sure what I'm doing or when this week!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone!

I can’t believe there are only 2 weeks left of the school holidays. I’m not sure where the time has gone.

This week we’ve got a baby here for holiday cover. He’s a lovely little thing and settled right in. The other children have spent most of the day fussing over him

After a busy week last week, we haven’t got much planned for this week. I did have a reminder that our library books are due back, so we’ll have a wander to the library later in the week. Apart from that we’ll be hoping the rain stays always so we can spend all day playing in the garden.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m starting to think 🤔 what are we going to do today.
    Yesterday after finishing one activity, making dog biscuits ( child and grandparents request) it’s what we doing now? It’s not that I haven’t a houseful of resources 😂it’s like that all the time when the two big ones are here can’t think for themselves.Does anyone else find that? Use your imaginations 😀