Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hot,hot,hot!

Take care everyone in the forthcoming heat in the next couple of days, but could I remind everyone to put water out for wildlife please. My son found a dehydrated hedgehog in the village he lives last week.

Stay safe and hydrated!!

2. Likes loocyloo, Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Phew…it’s hot!

We went into the garden about 9.30am and it was actually quite nice. We had water play under the gazebo and it wasn’t too bad at all. Just after 11am the sun moved out from behind the trees and it immediately went from being pleasantly warm to being stupidly hot! We’d had a good play out by then, so dried everyone off and came indoors. I’d kept the curtains shut and the fan on, so it was nice and cool when we came in. The heat is getting to everyone now though. 2 children are asleep and 2 are lying on mats on the floor listening to songs.

I hope everyone’s coping ok. Loocyloo, I hope your daughter’s dance exam went well. Pixie, I hope your journey this evening isn’t too bad. Have you got far to travel?

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've just come in to hide in dining room/office as it is lovely and cool in here!

I was in school this morning, but we spent the entire time outside in the 'wood' that adjoins the classroom, playing in the water trays! I've been sitting in the shade of the UV shelter, It is still hot, but there is a slight breeze.

DDs exam went well ... she said! apparently it was hot, but ok, as they were first thing, and the exams were taking place in an old stone building. She and her exam mates have now taken themselves off to the local ford for a paddle! It would be a lovely place to take the minded children - all shady ... except it is at the bottom of a ( probably not quite, but feels like it !!! ) 45 degree slope ... and it is hard enough to walk back up, let alone pushing a buggy/holding a child's hand !!!

stay cool everyone and safe journey Pixie

xx

6. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Take care everyone in the forthcoming heat in the next couple of days, but could I remind everyone to put water out for wildlife please. My son found a dehydrated hedgehog in the village he lives last week.

Stay safe and hydrated!!
    Dragonfly, DH is responsible for feeding the wildlife here so I reminded him to put water out for them as well.

The children and I put water out for the bees - shallow dishes with pebbles in for them to land on.

8. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How’s everyone doing? Did you all manage to sleep last night?

Our day has pretty much echoed yesterday - except it’s a lot hotter! We went outside first thing and had the paddling pool out, but it got hotter much quicker than it did yesterday.
    Back indoors we’ve got 2 fans on at top speed, but they’re just blowing hot air around. 2 of the children are asleep and the other 2 are playing quietly in front of one of the fans. They’re very hot and bothered though.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We went outside for less than 10 minutes this morning! We've been inside in assorted cool rooms all day.
    Got home from school and have watched Piercy the park keeper on YouTube in dining room ... even had tea as a picnic on the floor watching! We NEVER eat watching anything!

My little little ones both slept for hours and hours this morning, and my bigger little ones had an hours snooze this afternoon! I've only got one 16mth old left and he's almost asleep, lying on the floor! Everyone has been very hot and grumpy! My top tip for the day ... I've been putting the spare tshirts in the fridge to cool down and then swapping them over with tshirt child wearing every hour or so!

11. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, I hope your journey this evening isn’t too bad. Have you got far to travel?
    Mouse it should have been about 3 hours 45 minutes but they had a night time road closure which then added another 30 minutes to the journey. We had a lovely day yesterday but as you can imagine it was very hot, I found a shady spot to sit and wait while he went off and had a lot of photos taken with his friends. We headed home late afternoon watching the thermometer rise to 41 and then slowly fall as we got closer to home.

Back working today and it seemed to be just as hot but I know it wasn't. Hopefully everyone has kept safe, we have had some awful fires in our area.
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just have to share ...

My nearly 3 yr old mindee is obsessed with how old everyone is ... today she said
    'You are not a children, you are not a grown up' I said oh, what am I then? 'You are a loocyloo'

I always knew I was special!

14. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's another hot one next week now. I find it a struggle childminding in the heat. Grumpy kids, grumpy me!

16. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    It's another hot one next week now. I find it a struggle childminding in the heat. Grumpy kids, grumpy me!
    I don't cope well in the heat. When we had the heatwave a couple of weeks back, I spent most of the time outside with me feet in the paddling pool

18. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

So hot today we can’t go out .
    Haven’t used a hosepipe or the paddling pool for two weeks ( I’m sure I’m helping the nation lol) hosepipe sure to be banned in the east soon, but I’m doing my bit, apart from sharing a bath !

It seems longer days if you can’t be outside for some of it, or is it just me? We like being outside.

Come the end of the year we’re be discussing the heavy rain/ snow ha, ha.