DBS updates
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: DBS updates

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default DBS updates

    Does anyone still use this forum??!!

    I cant remember what the rules are surrounding DBS checks.....do we need to be signed up to the annual update service still or was it decided this was no longer necessary??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,866
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The update service is optional, but they don't make that very clear!

  3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,185
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Forum is very very quiet these days

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    The update service is optional, but they don't make that very clear!
    Ah is it? I remember it used to cost us about £10-£13 to do it. Is it written anywhere we don't need it any more?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,866
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Ah is it? I remember it used to cost us about £10-£13 to do it. Is it written anywhere we don't need it any more?
    DBS checks for childminders and childcare workers - GOV.UK
    You have never 'needed' to do it, I believe. They just want you to, bit of a money spinner for them I guess! But it depends on your situation, it is worthwhile if you need to get yourself DBSed for other roles. Explained here.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    9,234
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My daughter is registered as my assistant and I keep her on the update service. I thought it would be useful if she worked at other places, but everywhere she's been, she's had to have a new DBS done. I'm not really sure what advantage there's been to her being on it.

  8. Likes loocyloo liked this post
  9. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My daughter is registered as my assistant and I keep her on the update service. I thought it would be useful if she worked at other places, but everywhere she's been, she's had to have a new DBS done. I'm not really sure what advantage there's been to her being on it.
    Thanks Mouse, thats interesting. Yes good point!

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    DBS checks for childminders and childcare workers - GOV.UK
    You have never 'needed' to do it, I believe. They just want you to, bit of a money spinner for them I guess! But it depends on your situation, it is worthwhile if you need to get yourself DBSed for other roles. Explained here.
    Thanks Moggy. Oh I don't know why I thought we had to have it. I wont bother anymore, it will save me some money!

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
DBS updates DBS updates DBS updates

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk