Mark making inspiration
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark making inspiration

What are your favourite things to make marks with for little ones? We have paint sticks, paint, crayons, felt tips - what are your favourites to use?

2. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All of the above plus we mark make in shaving foam, gloop and sand, using sticks in mud or on the beach. Also chalk is another big favourite here.
    Pixie Dust

4. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a chalkboard ( easel ) in playroom that the children all enjoy ( as long as one small child hasn't eaten ALL the chalk !!!! ) i also have those magnetic writing boards? magna doodle? they are great, as they can draw to their hearts content, and it doesn't make a mess

We also have one of those water drawing mats, that is great, but I find the mats get grubby and don't clean up that well.

I also have some lovely thick & chunky pencil crayons which work well, but i do find pens are the easiest for small children, as they make a mark with no pressure required!

An ofsted inspector once told me that dust on tables/counters etc was an excellent mark making resource

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some of these last year and the children love them. One of my most used resources. I tied the pens on so they don't get lost.

mafiti LCD Writing Tablet,Upgrade Bright 8.5 Inch Kids Drawing Tablet,Kids Learning Toys Portable Writing Board for Children Girls Boys Birthday, Age 2-8(Blue): Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

The children I had were all 1 or 2 years old and I was reluctant to leave crayons, pens etc out all the time, but I wanted them to have permanent access to some sort of mark making equipment. These are ideal - no mess plus they're not doing random scribbles on endless sheets of paper!

I also like these. I print off mazes and pencil control sheets or the children's names etc and they can keep trying and wiping it off again. It saves me having to laminate lots of sheets.

Yeelan 6 Pack Dry Erase Pocket Reusable Wipe Clean Pockets PVC File Storage Bag Reuse Plastic Sheet Protector Assorted Color for School Student & Office Work (6 Colors,6pcs, fit for A4 Paper) : Amazon.co.uk: Stationery & Office Supplies

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

An ofsted inspector once told me that dust on tables/counters etc was an excellent mark making resource
    So I should just leave the dirt on the car and let the children 'write' on it?

8. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I have a chalkboard ( easel ) in playroom that the children all enjoy ( as long as one small child hasn't eaten ALL the chalk !!!! ) i also have those magnetic writing boards? magna doodle? they are great, as they can draw to their hearts content, and it doesn't make a mess

We also have one of those water drawing mats, that is great, but I find the mats get grubby and don't clean up that well.

I also have some lovely thick & chunky pencil crayons which work well, but i do find pens are the easiest for small children, as they make a mark with no pressure required!

Haha loads of dust here, I'll have to remember to get the kids to write in it at my next inspection!!!!!!!!!

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I bought some of these last year and the children love them. One of my most used resources. I tied the pens on so they don't get lost.

mafiti LCD Writing Tablet,Upgrade Bright 8.5 Inch Kids Drawing Tablet,Kids Learning Toys Portable Writing Board for Children Girls Boys Birthday, Age 2-8(Blue): Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

The children I had were all 1 or 2 years old and I was reluctant to leave crayons, pens etc out all the time, but I wanted them to have permanent access to some sort of mark making equipment. These are ideal - no mess plus they're not doing random scribbles on endless sheets of paper!

I also like these. I print off mazes and pencil control sheets or the children's names etc and they can keep trying and wiping it off again. It saves me having to laminate lots of sheets.

Yeelan 6 Pack Dry Erase Pocket Reusable Wipe Clean Pockets PVC File Storage Bag Reuse Plastic Sheet Protector Assorted Color for School Student & Office Work (6 Colors,6pcs, fit for A4 Paper) : Amazon.co.uk: Stationery & Office Supplies
    Thanks Mouse, you always have such great resources :-)

12. Likes loocyloo liked this post