Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tippers

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tippers

I know we all have 'tippers' and that it is a natural stage for young toddlers to go through...but, how do you manage it?

If I had my tipper by himself, I would have fewer things for him to tip, but the other children all want their loose parts and toys out and accessible to them.

Pixie dust - are you managing to set up beautiful pinterest worthy displays now that you have little ones instead of older toddlers/pre schoolers?

DD set up some beautiful Halloween book/props this morning and within a couple of seconds everything was on the floor. I don't mind the displays not looking pretty for long if the children are handling the resources/playing with them and then just not putting them back in the right place - that's real life - but when one literally comes in, drags everything off onto the floor and then walks away...I know that's also real life, and he's not doing it to be naughty because he's only 18 months, but sometimes the other children arrive after him and then they don't see the room looking all lovely.

Any tips? (Pardon the pun!)

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Whenever practical, I lead the child back to what they have tipped and model tidying up, singing tidy up song and repeating 'we tidy up before we get something else out'. Deep breathe, they get there in the end.

3. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie dust - are you managing to set up beautiful pinterest worthy displays now that you have little ones instead of older toddlers/pre schoolers?

I don't think I have ever set up Pinterest worthy displays all jokes aside I feel your pain as I really struggle with the same issues on the days my babies are in, I do worry about the my 3 years olds not getting such an exciting play space. I have one of those Ikea open shelving units and have had to put so much out out reach as I have a 1 year old that will tip everything out, they always make a bee line for the peg puzzles so they now go away Mon-Wed and then Thursdays we have all the loose parts and things out for the older two. On a weekend I have to try and set things up that will keep everyone entertained and support their learning/development. So at the moment we have a lot of sensory play that can be accessed by all ages.

I do feel less is more when it comes to setting the resources up for the day.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post