A paperwork question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    9,211
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default A paperwork question

    What initial paperwork do you have for each child? I’m talking about forms for parents to complete when a child first starts with you, not observations or planning type things that you do later. I seem to be giving my new parents an awful lot of forms to complete or sign, but I still feel as if I’m missing something.

    I have:
    Child record form
    Contract
    Signed permissions form
    Signed policies and procedures form (to say they’ve seen and read policies and procedures)
    LA Funding form (if receiving funding)
    Food and drink likes/dislikes
    All about me form

    Has anyone got anything else?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,629
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That sounds about the same as me.

    I just have an 'All About Me' booklet which also includes the food likes/dislikes - although after taking on my last three children and talking to you lot, I realise that I need to tweak the wording on that section! My child record form is also included in the 'All About Me' booklet too.

    I guess it depends on how many policies you give them to read through?

  3. Likes Mouse liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    1,660
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yes, about the same mouse.

    I don’t give new parents all my policies now but every time I do a knew one I send parents a copy. ( they have had several new ones since the pandemic started) . They are welcomed to read my policies anytime though.

  5. Likes Mouse liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    9,211
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you both. It sounds as if I've got all the important bits.

    I only give out a few policies - complaints, safeguarding, sickness, payment (that's all I can think of off the top of my head!)

    Sometimes I think I'm giving out so much paperwork when nurseries only give out a very little bit.

    What do you all do for medication? Do you have an initial permission form that covers everything (calpol, nappy cream etc) or do you just do permission forms as and when needed?

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thank you both. It sounds as if I've got all the important bits.

    I only give out a few policies - complaints, safeguarding, sickness, payment (that's all I can think of off the top of my head!)

    Sometimes I think I'm giving out so much paperwork when nurseries only give out a very little bit.

    What do you all do for medication? Do you have an initial permission form that covers everything (calpol, nappy cream etc) or do you just do permission forms as and when needed?
    I don't ask for permission for a basic non-prescription nappy cream, or sun-lotion, if they give it to me I apply it if needed that's it. I do not keep child paracetamol here and don't ask for a general consent - can of worms I have found, as it can mask symptoms and cause more problems if child ends up needing medical attention. If child is ill enough to need it they should be at home. If they are teething and really need it (which is actually very rare in my experience) then it is a day by day written instruction from parents just like I would for antibiotics.

  8. Likes Mouse, Maza liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    9,211
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I don't ask for permission for a basic non-prescription nappy cream, or sun-lotion, if they give it to me I apply it if needed that's it. I do not keep child paracetamol here and don't ask for a general consent - can of worms I have found, as it can mask symptoms and cause more problems if child ends up needing medical attention. If child is ill enough to need it they should be at home. If they are teething and really need it (which is actually very rare in my experience) then it is a day by day written instruction from parents just like I would for antibiotics.
    Exactly the same as I do now, so thank you!

    I don't keep child paracetamol here so only give it if parents provide it - obviously with written permission.

  10. Likes Maza liked this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    1,660
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I do get a form signed for non prescription creams sudocreme, suncream etc as someone’s may object 🤷🏻

    If children arrive with any medication it’s signed for my me and parent after every dose. Also I won’t give if they haven’t had it before.

    I don’t keep calpol or any children’s medication here and really don’t like to give it.

  12. Likes Maza liked this post
  13. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,629
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does anyone keep piriton (sp?) for an unexpected allergy/reaction?

    I was chatting with a parent the other day and it got me thinking.

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    9,211
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I do get a form signed for non prescription creams sudocreme, suncream etc as someone’s may object 🤷🏻
    I only use those if parents provide them, so I assume they won't object seeing as they're the ones who give it to me

  15. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
  16. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    9,211
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Does anyone keep piriton (sp?) for an unexpected allergy/reaction?

    I was chatting with a parent the other day and it got me thinking.

    I do have Piriton in the family medicine cupboard so I suppose I could use it in an emergency if I was directed to.

  17. Likes Maza liked this post
  18. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    suffolk
    Posts
    1,660
    Registered Childminder since
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh mouse I get a form signed for creams as I provide them. Obviously if they provide them I wouldn’t.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
A paperwork question A paperwork question A paperwork question

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk