I'm trying to get my head around the new covid rules and how they apply to us, but the more I read, the more confused I am!

I think that if a minded child's household member tests positive they will have to isolate, but that the child won't have to and could still come to us. But what about in these situations?

A parent has been identified as a close contact of a positive case. They don't have to isolate if they're double jabbed and the child could carry on coming as normal, with the parent bringing them. I think that's right? If the parent isn't double jabbed they would have to isolate, but the child could still come?

What if the parent then gets symptoms? They would do a test and isolate until they get the results? But the child could still come as long as someone else brought them?

If the parent tested positive, the child could still come, but not brought by the positive parent? Any other doubly jabbed adults in the household could carry on as normal, unless they got symptoms as well?

Then if the child developed symptoms they'd either need a test or would have to isolate for 10 days?

I'm not sure I'd be happy letting a child come if their parent (or household member) tested positive. Is anyone going to exclude children if that happens?