New EYFS
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New EYFS

Post Thanks / Like

Default New EYFS

I'm not on top of this at all arghhh! What will you be doing differently from September as a result of the revised EYFS?

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was just coming to ask the same thing ... sort of!

I have read through the 'new' EYFS, and Development Matters and Birth to 5, and apart from changing some of the wording ( and obviously age bands in DM ) has anything ACTUALLY really changed?

... so we don't need to keep written diaries ... we didn't anyway.

... we don't need written/photographic observations, apart from the 2 yr check... I will still do 2 yr check, and I will still take photos to send to parents, and I may still make the occasional observation. we don't need to keep a 'tracker' or anything ( again, I may well keep some form of record of where each child is, as although I know each child etc, but always useful to have a prompt/guide )

... we don't need written policies etc, except for the statutory ones ( which escape me for the minute, but I know I have them )

... do we still need written attendance registers? I'm guessing so.

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s good thought I was the only one thinking not alots changed.

Will keep all my policies and still do diaries. So we really don’t need to do learning journeys ? I put photographs in with / without observation. Probably still do them but not as much.

Loocyloo I’d still do attendance register compulsory or not. Especially when you have a brain the size of a pea like me who can’t remember who was here a month ago!

Local childminder says we have to do our own curriculum, I didn’t see that but as I’ve a pea rather than a brain who knows. Are you all doing planning different? I know more out doors ( can I possibly do more out doors!) dental hygiene, do that anyway in activity form. Reading tick,

Don’t know if I’ll be doing different then

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think I'll be really doing anything different.

Registers are still compulsory.

I do wonder though, if people really did the minimum amount of paperwork - would they ever be graded outstanding? Even if they were an outstanding minder, would Ofsted give them the benefit of the doubt?

I also wonder how inspections will be affected - does it meant hat the inspector will have to ask us twice as many questions seeing as they can't get evidence from our 'lack of' paperwork. It must be hard being asked twice as many questions whilst trying to tend to the children, plus show how you cover the seven areas of learning with every breath you take, as well as give them more cultural capital and demonstrate how British values are woven into your practice...

7. Likes Dragonfly, loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    That’s good thought I was the only one thinking not alots changed.

Will keep all my policies and still do diaries. So we really don’t need to do learning journeys ? I put photographs in with / without observation. Probably still do them but not as much.

Loocyloo I’d still do attendance register compulsory or not. Especially when you have a brain the size of a pea like me who can’t remember who was here a month ago!

Local childminder says we have to do our own curriculum, I didn’t see that but as I’ve a pea rather than a brain who knows. Are you all doing planning different? I know more out doors ( can I possibly do more out doors!) dental hygiene, do that anyway in activity form. Reading tick,

Don’t know if I’ll be doing different then
    our 'curriculum' is what we've always done! ... what we want to teach, how we teach it, and what they learnt from it!

Don't change anything! it is the words that have changed, not what we do !!! we don't need a 'timetable' of what we do when!

9. Likes Pixie dust, Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't be changing anything much.

I've added a question to my child record form asking if the child is registered with a dentist, but I haven't really changed anything else.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    our 'curriculum' is what we've always done! ... what we want to teach, how we teach it, and what they learnt from it!

Don't change anything! it is the words that have changed, not what we do !!! we don't need a 'timetable' of what we do when!

Love this as so many are getting stressed over having a written 'curriculum' unnecessarily and even spending money on buying a curriculum!
    Pixie Dust

13. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I won’t be changing then. Hadn’t thought of buying a curriculum and won’t be .Will carry on as normal. When I put my planning up I’ll change the word! Thank you.

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I won't be changing anything much.

I've added a question to my child record form asking if the child is registered with a dentist, but I haven't really changed anything else.
    Oh this is a good one :-)

17. Likes Dragonfly liked this post