Buggys
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Buggys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buggys

Do you have a side by side double buggy or a one in front/one behind type? Which do you prefer?

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have narrow pavements then the tandem (in-front/behind) type are good. But the rear child can end up kicking the one in front. I prefer side by side, as our pavements are wide enough round here.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a side by side maclaren. The pavements near my new house though are narrow and I've never seen anyone around here with a side by side. I'm only using my single at the moment and am not looking forward to going back to my double.

For those of you with a side by side - do you ever have problems with the mindees bothering each other? Many years ago, my toddler daughter bit the wrist of a mindee when they were in the side by side pushchair. For that reason, I always thought I would invest in a front/back next time I could afford a new one.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a side by side umbrella buggy (maclaren) that I use when I'm out in the car ( although it is heavy ), and an outnabout 360 double that I use for local walks. It is narrow enough to fit through a single doorway. I love it, and when it 'dies' I'll definitely get another! I might even buy one brand new ( and I never do that! )

I don't like the tandems when one child is down low under the other ( i worry about passing dogs and vehicle fumes and I find the other type too long to push!

I don't find my minded children bother each other too much, they are generally quite happy to chat!

5. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    For those of you with a side by side - do you ever have problems with the mindees bothering each other? Many years ago, my toddler daughter bit the wrist of a mindee when they were in the side by side pushchair. For that reason, I always thought I would invest in a front/back next time I could afford a new one.
    Only had trouble very occasionally and it didn't last long (and it wasn't the buggy that'd be the problem, just a continuation of a behaviour issues we'd be dealing with anyway). More often I find them holding hands in the buggy!

7. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

After years and years of second hand out n about side by side doubles I purchased a brand new one about 3 years ago.

Not a fan of the one in front one at the back ( Phil and teds) as child can’t see where they are going !) also low down.

9. Likes loocyloo, Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Very excited!

Hubby said he will buy me a new buggy today

It's the first time I've been out with my double (had it for about 11 years but not used it recently). It is a Maclaren, so it has handles instead of a bar and it was flipping impossible today trying to push it and hold a toddlers hand. When I bought it all those years ago I didn't have a toddlers hand to hold so it wasn't a problem. Today, it was so hard to push along our long gravel driveway too, so I'm going to get an off road buggy. Thankfully, DH was at a loose end and so he offered to join us on our walk, so everyone was safe and comfortable. He could see how impossible it all was and so he started researching them. We couldn't see a big enough discount on second hand ones and so he said we'll just grin and bear the cost of a new one because he found a sale. I just have to pick the colour.

My backs aching today with all the lifting, so I'm hoping all the toddlers stay asleep until home time. If only!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh exciting Maza which one are you going to get? I am dreading next month when my little ones start as all I keep thinking is how my back will be aching
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, I'm getting the out and about nipper. I've gone for black. I had to make a choice between getting a 'free' rain cover or getting a 'free' basket for underneath. I went for the basket because it was more expensive than the rain cover. We bought the rain cover separately. I'll really have to tighten my belt for a while.

How old will your three new ones be Pixie dust? I'm just thinking that with each passing week, their walking/toddling will get that bit more steady (although one of mine still isn't walking), as it is scary when they are toddling around and losing their balance right next to something 'pointy'.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Pixie, I'm getting the out and about nipper. I've gone for black. I had to make a choice between getting a 'free' rain cover or getting a 'free' basket for underneath. I went for the basket because it was more expensive than the rain cover. We bought the rain cover separately. I'll really have to tighten my belt for a while.

How old will your three new ones be Pixie dust? I'm just thinking that with each passing week, their walking/toddling will get that bit more steady (although one of mine still isn't walking), as it is scary when they are toddling around and losing their balance right next to something 'pointy'.
    I have 1 that will be 11 months, one that's 14 months and the other little one will be 8 months but I have a strange feeling about the youngest one as I have been trying to contact the mum and she isn't responding. I have been trying to arrange visits before they start properly and mum hasn't responded to my emails so I sent her a text to say I had emailed and could she check her junk folder incase it had ended up there, the response from the text was a little strange so have asked her to confirm that she still wants the place and there has been no reply yet and I sent it this morning! I know they were having trouble finding cover for the days I couldn't do so maybe they have had a change of plan but would be nice to know.
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh yes, pixie, it would be nice to know. Hope they tell you soon so that you can get advertising.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Pixie, how frustrating.

And Maza, how exciting! Enjoy your new buggy. I didn't get the under basket for mine as it has big 'pockets' on the back of the seats, and useful pockets on the side of the hood.

16. Likes Maza liked this post