Inspection cycle
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspection cycle

Does anyone know the current inspection cycle? I've not been inspected for a long time now and no idea when an inspector may call.

2. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So ....

The 'current' cycle was Sept 2016 to August 2020. However .... pandemic messed that up! ... so .... if you were not inspected in that cycle, you WILL be inspected ASAP, and everyone should be done by summer 2022. However, they are still doing new minder inspections, 6mth follow up inspections after a Unsatisfactory and complaint driven inspections.

We now don't have an inspection cycle. It will be an inspection window of 6 years ... so once you are next inspected, it will be 6 years till your next inspection. My understanding is that the 6 years also starts from the date of your last inspection.

Good luck! X

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

So I was inspected in October 2018 and I’m not likely to be inspected again until around 2024? I know a childminder that’s gone over 4 years.since her last inspection.

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So I was inspected in October 2018 and I’m not likely to be inspected again until around 2024? I know a childminder that’s gone over 4 years.since her last inspection.
    That's right

I was last inspected in April 2016 , and prior to that it was October 2008 !!!!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I was inspected just before the main lockdown. It was a 'no children on roll' inspection. However, because it was my second in a row of 'no children on roll' inspections, I was told to let them know as soon as I got children because they really need to do a full inspection. I did let them know, but I have no idea if they have forgotten that conversation about arranging a full inspection or if they will 'let me off' because of the backlog of inspections that they need to catch up on.

To be honest, I live in fear every day of them turning up unannounced though, so you can never quite relax!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought my last inspection was just over 4 years ago, but it was actually just over 5 years ago. Prior to that, I had a 7 year gap.

I missed being inspected within the last inspection cycle, due to lockdown, so I'm due now they're doing the catch ups. That could be any time at all so I'm permanently waiting for that call.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I thought my last inspection was just over 4 years ago, but it was actually just over 5 years ago. Prior to that, I had a 7 year gap.

I missed being inspected within the last inspection cycle, due to lockdown, so I'm due now they're doing the catch ups. That could be any time at all so I'm permanently waiting for that call.
    Me too! Although I have been told that as an outstanding childminder, I'm not to of the list!