Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Husband as assistant?

Does anyone have a family member registered as their assistant just incase they are needed ? My DH is often at home during the week due to his work pattern and we have vaguely discussed him being an extra pair of hands when needed. Sometimes he likes to walk with with us on the school run and it would be useful he was registered in an official capacity.
    How does it work when you get inspected as he would hate that side of thing and I wouldn't take on more children it would literally be an extra pair of hands.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter is registered as my assistant, although she doesn't live at home anymore, so is rarely here when I'm working. We're leaving her registered though, just in case. She works in Early Years so has her first aid, safeguarding training etc, so I'd have no problem if she was here during an Ofsted inspection.

I have thought of registering my husband or one of the sons who is still at home, but I don't know if it's worth it. I wouldn't increase my numbers, so I'm not sure what advantage there would be in registering them. They wouldn't do their first aid training, so couldn't be left alone with the children, so would just carry on as they do now - coming on walks with us, making lunch, watching the children while I run to the loo!

I'll be interested to see what others think.

3. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have thought of registering my husband or one of the sons who is still at home, but I don't know if it's worth it. I wouldn't increase my numbers, so I'm not sure what advantage there would be in registering them. They wouldn't do their first aid training, so couldn't be left alone with the children, so would just carry on as they do now - coming on walks with us, making lunch, watching the children while I run to the loo!
    This exactly what he does, I think it made me question if he should be registered or not after reading some safeguarding stuff from our LA, our LA are quite funny as they don't even like us babysitting for families or our children babysitting for the families out of work hours. My 23 year old used to babysit for one of the families, the children knew him and it was never an issue.
    Pixie Dust

5. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My DD babysits for a couple of my families, and actually, she 'collects' one of the children from me, and takes them to the dance class ( that child attends, and DD teaches! ) This was all arranged by mum and signed for! I don't get involved in arranging any babysitting. Parents contact DD and they sort it out, including picking her up/bringing her home.

My mum used to be registered as my assistant, but only as back up, and not since we moved 10 years ago! ( she had first aid/safeguarding etc as was a licenced chaperone )

7. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We've also wondered this. It would be so useful for little things like looking after the other children when answering the door at collection time. Not sure what the financial side of setting it up would be - and like you said Pixie - he would hate an inspection lol!

9. Likes Pixie dust liked this post