Soft plays
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Soft plays

Post Thanks / Like

Default Soft plays

Have you been going since things started to open up? Do you intend on going? Parents love me going but i'd happily never set foot in one again!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never taken mindees to soft play. I'm glad that they are going with their parents though because they are a great age to benefit from it. I just panic when they all run off in different directions and I can't keep track of them all.

I was looking forward to attending some groups again soon, but they are all so expensive in my new area. I'm scared of being contacted by track and trace if I do go.

3. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't done soft play for long time!

I'm not keen, but the children like them. I prefer to take the 3/4 yr olds who can play without me!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not a fan of soft play areas either and parents have never mentioned taking the children there.

I was looking forward to attending some groups again soon, but they are all so expensive in my new area. I'm scared of being contacted by track and trace if I do go.
    I feel like that too !
    Pixie Dust

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mumofone you could always blame track and trace if the parents are wanting you to go back. Explain that if you get contacted by track and trace you will have to close so that you can isolate and they will have to take time off to isolate with their children (think that's how it works?).

7. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mumofone you could always blame track and trace if the parents are wanting you to go back. Explain that if you get contacted by track and trace you will have to close so that you can isolate and they will have to take time off to isolate with their children (think that's how it works?).
    Good thought Maza! I'd not thought of track and trace! THat would be awful!

9. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Soft plays first became popular when my own children were little. I hated them then and haven't changed my mind over the years

I know the parents take their children to soft plays at the weekend, so I don't feel the need to take them during the week. A couple of years ago I had a child who didn't ever go places like that so I did make an effort to take her. I didn't enjoy it at all, but I thought it was good for her to go so I went.

11. Likes Maza, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i find them useful on a cold/miserable day, when i have some older children who need to burn off some energy !!!! We have a small, quietish one about 30 mins drive away, so that is where i go, BUT, i haven't been for a couple of years !!!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a real fan of soft play centres but then we’re all thankfully different.