Do you have one?

I've banked with Nationwide for YEARS and YEARS, and they didn't mind 'sole traders' 'self employed' people using their personal current account for work payments etc.

TODAY, I get an email saying 'it looks like you are using your account for business purposes' and basically, stop or we'll close your account. ... I've been using it for childminding for 18 years !!! ( and actually, banked with them for over 30 yrs! )

So ... I have a look ... Nationwide don't even HAVE a business account

after doing a bit of research, I quite like the look of Starling Bank - no fees ever ( UNLESS you pay money in or take money out using the post office for a Business account ) BUT, you do need to have a current account with them first. It says that if you set up an account with them, they will transfer everything etc, BUT I presume that I will need to contact 'tax free childcare' etc, to get those details changed to a new account.

any thoughts/advice/suggestions?

I'm really busy at the moment with stuff going on, and could be doing without this! DH said to go and talk to our local nationwide branch, which, whilst the ladies there are lovely, will tell me i have to see an account manager and I know from experience with DS, is only available on random days for random hours in random weeks! I might try and pop in if only to moan ( nicely! ) at them!