Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default At least I have a clean house!

I've had my first experience of a 'no show' today!

The lady who visited me a couple of weeks ago and sent me a gushing email afterwards was supposed to come back today with her children at 5pm. I sent her an email this morning to remind her and to say that I was looking forward to meeting her children etc etc. and she didn't respond, so I kind of knew not to expect her. At least I'm starting the weekend with a clean house!

Well, the wine is in my glass and I am off to tidy away the playroom for the weekend. x

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no that's so annoying that people can't be polite and say sorry I have changed my mind I won't be coming! I have a parent who is trying to make arrangements for September but they take days to reply to messages and when I tried to make arrangements to visit this week they told me they couldn't do this week and haven't responded so my latest email so I think they have found someone else or just don't see the importance of getting things in place and if that's the case I don't think we will be a good fit working together . They were so desperate for the space when I first spoke to them.

Have a lovely weekend Maza!
    Pixie Dust

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's so frustrating isn't it Pixie dust? It's funny because I really liked the mum (even though she turned up half an hour late for her first appointment) but now we (DH and me) keep going over our chat at the first meeting and the warning signs were there already.

5. Likes loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear that Maza.

You might have had a lucky escape there. Enjoy your clean house!

We went to the library today and got a lovely book called 'splash splash ducky' by Lucy Cousins ..... all about playing in the rain! Perfect for today! And in other news, my work coat has finally given up the ghost in the waterproof department, so I've just ordered a new one from regatta store! It was reduced and had a15% discount too, so I'm pleased! .... fingers crossed it will be the end of the rain soon!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really annoying when that happens Maza, especially as they'd already visited and seemed so keen.

My mum and baby did turn up today to complete paperwork. A little bit later than expected, but at least they arrived. The baby was so happy and mum talked non-stop, mainly about herself I think we'll get on well though as we seem to have a lot in common.

9. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

She sent me an email at 6am this morning apologising and saying she had completely forgot and could she come on Monday at 5pm next week. I'm not sure what to do. She definitely can't come on Monday because my current mindee is having Monday and Tuesday off next week so I'm not setting up my playroom just for her. I'm going to chat to DH about what to do, but if I give her another chance I will have to lay down the law to her.

On a brighter note, I also saw another family yesterday and they want to sign up and were very respectful from the start.

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m afraid I’m not very forgiving when parents forget about appointments, especially if I’ve sent them a reminder. I feel if arranging childcare is so low on their list of priorities that they forget it, how reliable are they actually going to be? I know unexpected things happen, but to have someone say “oh sorry, I forgot about you”, doesn’t go down well with me!

I’ve also found that when I have given them another chance, they often haven’t turned up for that appointment either and I never hear from them again.

It sounds promising with the other family. You’re going to be full in no time!

13. Likes Maza, Pixie dust, loocyloo, Dragonfly liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a really tricky one Maza do you think it was a genuine mistake ?

I have just done my first parent visit since lockdown so well over a year, thankfully it all went well and they want the space for September even after the dog decided to bark the house down for the first 5 minutes! I was worried I would forget something as it's been such a long time so I made a list so I didn't forget anything.
    Pixie Dust

15. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ooo, hard one Maza.

A parent totally forgetting something as important as finding the right childcare for their child would make me concerned how they would be if they started with me. I would maybe offer a time that suited me and say that this was all I could offer; take it or leave it! ( maybe worded a bit better than that! ) if they are keen, they will do their utmost to be there, if not, you have your answer.

Well done with your other parent and good luck xx

Congratulations Pixie. X

17. Likes Maza, Dragonfly liked this post
    June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree. I’m not sure about this parent but if you want to give a second chance , your day, your time.

19. Likes Maza liked this post